Lurker coming out

janeemat

I found this site about three months ago and decided to join. There is so much information here that I've added to my regimen. I started a hair journal in March and here's an excerpt.

My Hair Journal
March 31, 2006

March 2005 my hair was a hot mess. Broke as result of color and relaxer applied the same time by my stylist of 15 years. The back was all gone, nothing, could only lay flat to dry. December 2005 I made a resolution to stop using the blower dryer. Have not used one since. I changed stylist in May 2005 and is now getting the affirm relaxer. Every 5 weeks. The only time I go to the salon is for a relaxer. I have continued to do my hair myself in between salon visits and it is growing nicely.

June 2006 I decided to start stretching my relaxer. I scheduled for 8 weeks and this was manageable. I used the t3 ceramic curling iron to press my new growth.

August 2006 my hair is now very healthy. The back has grown to the bottom of the neck and I can wear a pony tail. August 30 2006 my hair is 3 ½ weeks post relaxer and I decided to try the bun with baggie from Wed – Sat. I know already that I will not like this. It’s so not me. This will help since I work out. Other days my hair will be down. Dry using hooded dryer and curl with T3 tourmaline curling iron. I wrap at night.

Sept 2006, I’ve really been rocking the bun with baggie. It work better for me if I just dry under the hooded dryer and then curl with my t3. I’ll wear it down a couple of days and then put it in the bun. I just got my relaxer on Friday Sept 29th. My stylist always does a wet set and then I wrap it when I get home. I’ve also started back setting my hair and will only press the ng around the 5 week mark. I’m now brushing the top of the shoulders. So it’s really growing. My next relaxer is scheduled for Nov 29th. Stretching has really help my hair and I plan to add a week each time. Products I use are:

Redken All Soft Shampoo
Redken Smooth Down
Redken Extreme
Frederick Fekkai Moisturizing Shampoo
Philip B White Truffle Shampoo
Nexxus Botanical
Phytospecific Intense Nutrition
Aveda DR (just added) love it

Redken All Soft Con, Heavy Crème Treatment, Smooth Down Con and Treatment, Extreme Con and Deep Fuel
Frederick Fekkai Moist Cond
Nexxus Keraphix
Nexxus Humectress
Ojon Treatment
Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Cond
Phytospecific Vital Force Crème Bath

Redken Anti Snap leave in, Philip B lovin leave in, Aveda Ex, Mazani Serum, Phytospecific moisturizing leave in.

I use a few other products, but I guess I’ll stop now.

:)

Thanks for sharing that. I really enjoyed reading it.

I think I may start a journal. I have made lots of progress, but when I compare my hair to other's, I don't feel adequate.

A journal may help me appreciate my own progress and how far I have some.

Again, thanks for sharing.

Thanks! I would love for some of you ladies to tell me about Sebastian Colourshines. I'm currently using Clairol Beautiful weekly to cover some of my gray. I would love a semi that would cover gray and last longer. I'm planning to order Sebastian coffee bean hoping that I can at least go two weeks without color. I will NEVER use a permanent color on my hair! I'm even afraid of demi, because this what my ex stylist used. I think she used the wrong developer.

Back