Learning My Way Around - HELP!

mightycute912

I am a newbie and I am learning my way around the forum. But, to be honest it is all very confusing. :confused: I had a breaking experience with the last hairstylist I went to in San Diego. I don't know of any good salons in Diego, so I want to focus on getting my hair healthy and cutting back on heat. I have no idea where to start. :perplexed My hair is about BSL and thick. It's shedding and I don't know how to control it. I relax my hair, but I have cut down on my own conviction to about 4 times a year. I am a heat junkie :nono: , because I don't know better. :ohwell: Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
:newbie: HELP ME!!!!!!! :wallbash: :whyme: :cry:

PinkAngel

mightycute912 said:
I am a newbie and I am learning my way around the forum. But, to be honest it is all very confusing. :confused: I had a breaking experience with the last hairstylist I went to in San Diego. I don't know of any good salons in Diego, so I want to focus on getting my hair healthy and cutting back on heat. I have no idea where to start. :perplexed My hair is about BSL and thick. It's shedding and I don't know how to control it. I relax my hair, but I have cut down on my own conviction to about 4 times a year. I am a heat junkie :nono: , because I don't know better. :ohwell: Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
:newbie: HELP ME!!!!!!! :wallbash: :whyme: :cry:

Hey,

I'm in the San Diego area too & had trouble finding a good stylist when I first moved here. Hence is the reason I googled & found this site.

Have you ever tried air drying? I airdry my hair each week. After I've rinsed my conditioner I apply my leave-in, seal w/ grease or jojoba oil, comb my hair straight back and let it dry. I'll normally wear a bun when I'm going out. You can also try wearing a twist-out or braid-out if you prefer your hair down. After applying your leave-ins braid your hair in about 4 braids, let it dry. Take them down & you'll have nice deep waves.

Try doin a search on the topics you're interested in & you'll come up with a wealth of information. :)

I hope I've helped a bit. Good luck, welcome to the board & happy growing!

ritzbitz78

Welcome!! I am pretty new myself. If you go to Hair care Tips and Product Review Discussion Board and look at the top, there are stickies- those posts always stay there- and there should be one called a newcomer's guide.

So far I have learned so much and have been inspired by the ladies on this forum.

Take time and keeping searching the site and looking for things. You will get used to it.

Have you done your hair type yet? if not, I will PM you some info on it.

HHG!:D