Leave in Keratin with out straightening

Cheinei

Im pretty new to keratin treatments. I mainly wanna do it to preserve my ends. I found some of NuNaat BKT Leave In Reconstructor. It says to blow dry and finish with a flat iron. I thought I could just twist my hair and put some on each end and run the flat iron along each twist just enough to heat/seal it a little.

Does that sound like it'll work or do BKTs not work like that?

JaneBond007

Im pretty new to keratin treatments. I mainly wanna do it to preserve my ends. I found some of NuNaat BKT Leave In Reconstructor. It says to blow dry and finish with a flat iron. I thought I could just twist my hair and put some on each end and run the flat iron along each twist just enough to heat/seal it a little.

Does that sound like it'll work or do BKTs not work like that?

You don't want to do that. Nunaat BKT is very harsh, imho. If you need deep-conditioning, try Emergencee or Joice K-Pak, something like that. Nunaat changed my hair to strawberry blond and I got online and found others who also had a very deep color change.

greenandchic

Well yeah I said I was going to pass my twists through the flat iron. Do I HAVE to straighten my hair for a BKT?

I don't know about flat ironing twists.:perplexed For it to be activated, the iron has to be HOT and I don't think twists + high direct heat is a good idea...

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Your hair needs to be compltley blowdried and flat ironed for it to be effective. I have used various application methods and blowdrying and flat ironing makes the tedious process worth it in the end.

If you are afraid of heat then i would not recommend bkt. If you would like to use less heat there are formulas that you only need to apply,rinse out and then flat iron. but those are the newer kind and i dont quite trust them

lilikoi

Im pretty new to keratin treatments. I mainly wanna do it to preserve my ends. I found some of NuNaat BKT Leave In Reconstructor.

Cheinei The product you have IS NOT a BKT. It's just a leaving conditioner belonging to the same product line as the Nunaat BKT. You should be fine using it without heat but, just like the Aphogee Keratin Green tea leave in, your results will be better with a little heat.

Consider wrapping your twists with saran wrap or a plastic bag and applying heat with the hair dryer for 5 min.

Let us know how it turns out.

Last edited: