LEAVE MY SKRAGGLES A-L-O-N-E !

ANUBIS

hey ladies how is everyone doing today? :)

I just wanted to do a little vent here for a minute. Ok the 26th of this month was my birthday (23) and I went out this last friday night with my best friend. I really dont straighten my hair, i 99% have it in a bun .5% in a braidout.

Im trying really hard to hide my hair for growth because of a major setback from last summer and I am JUST NOW catching up. :wallbash: yeah i got Chi happy. But anyways I took the proper precautions by using a good heat protectant and moisturizer to wear a straight style when i went out.

Why oh why does my friend hound me to let her cut off my skraggles...she first asked me why I dont flatiron my ends and I told her because I dont want them to break off. She then grabs the back of my hair at the ends and was like "NO, Let me cut of this one little inch" by the way she was holding about 3 inches.:nono: She is Arab and really doesnt understand how we do it.

I plan on growing to a comfortable lenth and THEN cutting so I will see length and not feel like im not getting anywhere. I also tried to explain to her that its from previous relaxer damage....and she said she didnt know why i was clutching on to that inch of hair.:rolleyes:

Ok. I understand that it isnt that attractive to have thin ends BUT i dont EVER wear my hair out anyway so why should it matter? My ends arent even that bad. I can still wear my hair down in a braidout and you cant tell and u sure as heck cant tell when its in my bun. One more year and i will be WSL most likely a few inches past so why cant I just keep my skraggles when i am soooo close to my goal and then i will be sooooo happy to be done with my little whispies.

then today my grandmother (white) said i need to cut those skraggles off :ohwell: Jeeze! Anyone else annoyed by this? ESPECIALY when the person is giving you a hard time doesnt even know anything about OUR hair care practices or OUR hair??? Its not like i have one strand of hair skraping WSL and the rest is a APL and SL.:spinning: Now that would be a hot mess.

LEAVE MY SKRAGGLES ALONE THEY NOT HURTING NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!:yep:

Well it sounds like you have a plan for your hair so don't let anyone side step you. Your ends don't look bad to me and if you rarely wear your hair down or straight then don't bother cutting until you reach your goal. Is your friend a hair stylist ? I wouldn't let her cut my hair even when I'm ready she sounds too eager to cut your hair :lachen:

Well, I dont think that you will damage your ends from just one flatiron every once in a while, but i can understand your worries. Based on your description though, it sounds like to them, because your ends arent even or smooth that they look damaged. I know that when my ends aren't smooth they feel/look unhealthy to me.

girl i had to come in here and giggle :) your title and story is so funny to me :D

my people are the opposite they are usually trying to talk me away from the scissors since i want to cut my lil skraggles LOL

DollBaby- THANKYOU!! i was sittin there for a minute thinking mabey i am saving every little strand and clutching onto skraggaly ends...most women i see on here have FAB ends!!!!

Unalteredone-thnx girl! by tha way im lovin your hair in your siggy!!!!

Tailormade84-im glad i could make you laugh :) your hair puff is BANGIN!!!

Also my husband is the exact opposite...he freaks out if i tell him i need to trim my hair...you'd think i was telling him i was amputaing one of my legs!!! :ohwell:

Darling, you probably do need to cut the scraggly ends off or don't wear your hair out. That's not a good look and it isn't healthy for your hair to hold on to it.

sunshinelady-my ends are not unhealthy...its just about it looking better. Im rocking the Goal Point Method!!!! and as long as it isnt hindering growth its workin for me :woot:

Well, I dont think that you will damage your ends from just one flatiron every once in a while, but i can understand your worries. Based on your description though, it sounds like to them, because your ends arent even or smooth that they look damaged. I know that when my ends aren't smooth they feel/look unhealthy to me.

Oh yes you can damage them by just doing it once. I went for a wash and set on saturday and a roller came off, the back was puffy the stylist blew out my hair even used heat protectants. Guess what? I have spent all night cutting off split ends and heat damage hair. I trimmed my hair 2 weeks ago took 3 inches off. Like a poster in another thread said. My hair exploded in the front.:wallbash:

My advice ANUBIS, keep doing what your have been doing if you are seeing progress.

Stick to your plan but maybe you could somehow really smooth you ends with a heavy oil ( to conceal any problems) or curl them a bit

Some people seem to have a fetish about wanting to cut off other people's hair. I would let them know they are more than free to cut their own hair, but you and your hair are fine without their direction. ;)

It's your choice and no one should hound you to trim your hair if you don't want to. I just recently trimmed my hair, and even though I trimmed a couple of inches off, my hair really needed it (I haven't trimmed since then in about 2 years, and my hair was uneven and my ends were kind of messed up). I thought I would be upset with the lost hair, but I was actually pleased with the evenness. Long story short, get a trim only if you want to and you won't feel guilty about it later. And don't let anyone scissor happy trim your hair!

Back