Leela James Hair... what's the verdict?

Hmmmm...All I've heard her say is that she decided to go natural because she just wanted to let her hair do what it does.

I've seen her with a fresh blowout and it certainly seemed real.

1st of all...Mook, I ♥ your hair. You are def. skilled. As for L. James, I think it's her hair and she adds pieces from time to time. I think I saw her interviewed on Curly Nikki's blog.

My verdict: Weave.

This can be accomplished on the more affordable end with Pro-10 Bohemian curl hair or FreeTress water Wave/ Bohemian Curl. Separated for fullness.

With natural hair, a look similar to this can be accomplished with a flat-twist out.

Yah. I think its a weave too. Curly Nikki interviewed her some months ago. She seemed slightly defensive and evasive about if her hair is real or not.

From the article:

On adding pieces for length and volume...
I do, occasionally. But a girl can't disclose all of her secrets! Some things need to be left to curiosity. Plus, it ain't none of y'alls business, LOL!

Def think she adds hair in for volume. I love it but her hair is HUGE.

Weave weave weave weave.

Eta: I think she admitted this, or was busted years ago. I remember hearing about this shortly after she first came out.

Last edited:
It's a weave and I've actually seen where the tracks were braided in when she was shaking it around. I like her weave though. It looks really nice.

No comment on the hair but I wonder if she regrets leaving the Black Eyed Peas. :look: Good luck Alicia...I mean "Leela".

Weave. It looks nice on her. I've never seen that texture quite so bulky loose and growing out of the scalp of an adult.

No comment on the hair but I wonder if she regrets leaving the Black Eyed Peas. :look: Good luck Alicia...I mean "Leela".

she toured as an opening act for them but she was never in the band. kim hill was the one singing before fergie was added. i have to say- i think it's interesting that all of their female leads (there was one before kim) were made to take the backseat but when fergie came along, she was thrust into the spotlight. hmm. off-topic though lol

yep a weave but an awesome one. i would so love to wear it!

Back