Length Challenges' Success

blueabyss333

I'm just wondering who was actually successful in the past shouder length, APL, BSL, and waist length+ challenges. Did you make your goal and did you decide to move on to the next level? What did you find most successful in your growth? I've realized that I met my long-time goal of shoulder length by bunning and dusting, so now I'm in the APL challenge.

Phoenix

I sucessfully completed a shoulder length challenge in 2005. I'm now in the Brastrap 2006 challenge. I attribute my success to braids, MTG, & lots of moisture. Congratulations on reaching shoulder length!

CarLiTa

well, i wasn't on the Brastrap challenge, but when I got here, that was my first goal, and within 5 months, i had reached it. well moisture was the biggest part, and handling my hair well, and not trimming as often. that's what did it for me. That way, I retained everything nearly everything I grew during that time, and it carried me over to brastrap.

Now, i'm going to 2" from waist... I have 5 more inches to go. I expect to reach that at my August touch-up unless I get some MAJOR trims along the way, which i hope i wont...

blueabyss333

Phoenix said:
I sucessfully completed a shoulder length challenge in 2005. I'm now in the Brastrap 2006 challenge. I attribute my success to braids, MTG, & lots of moisture. Congratulations on reaching shoulder length!

Thank you! You too :kiss:

ETA: Is that your eye in the avator? That's kinda hot.

Last edited:

blueabyss333

CarLiTa said:
well, i wasn't on the Brastrap challenge, but when I got here, that was my first goal, and within 5 months, i had reached it. well moisture was the biggest part, and handling my hair well, and not trimming as often. that's what did it for me. That way, I retained everything nearly everything I grew during that time, and it carried me over to brastrap.

Now, i'm going to 2" from waist... I have 5 more inches to go. I expect to reach that at my August touch-up unless I get some MAJOR trims along the way, which i hope i wont...

Congratulations on making BSL!:band2: I've watched your progress. Thank you for breaking down how you reached BSL so eloquently. Good luck on making it to midback, with your growth you should be able to do it.;)

Victorian

old head
Congrats on reaching your long-time goal! :clap:

I started the brastrap by 2005 thread when my hair was still relaxed. I ended up transitioning but I did make it to brastrap on that challenge before I did the big chop. After that, I joined a shoulder/apl challenge which I completed this fall. I'm not officially part of another bsl challenge, but I have my own plans to get there by my one year natural anniversary at the end of March. And then I'm headed for waistlength by the end of the year.

Frequent con washes and low manipulation styling has been working well for me. I don't really do protective styles per se, but I am as gentle as possible when I'm doing my hair and I try to work with my hands mostly. I've also only trimmed my hair once since my big chop. I was going to trim again soon, but decided to instead just pay a little extra attention to my ends when conditioning and stuff. So now I'm planning to hold out until my anniversary to do a little dusting. I have fairly ambitious length goals so I can't afford to go trimming willy nilly :lol:

blueabyss333

Thanks BC! It's that hump between neck length and shoulder length that's the hardest to tackle, feel me? And Congrats to you on going natural:grin:. Your hair is beautiful. God willing, we all reach our goals. Let's do it!

Lioness

Congrats on reaching your goal!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:
When you reach your first goal it's like fuel for the fire that YOU WILL ACHIEVE THE LENGTH YOU DESIRE!!!, Thank Jesus

I achieved shoulder length and bone collar length with hair in front (with thickness and health) in 2005:trampolin :yay: which was my first goal, and now I'm heading for armpit length. I'm going to my cousins wedding this June iN USA, and hopefully by then I'll be APL

I think that vitamins and diet, weaves and consistent moisture (of the cornrows) under the weave was why I met my goal. I also never brushed my hair and deep conditioned reguarly, not using anthing apart from WGO on my scalp once evry two weeks.
Also the occasional trim to keep the hair healthy.

I've noticed that when I don't moisturise all the time, my hair grows at an average speed, but when I do, the vitamins really kick in and my hair grows faster.

caramelty

Last yeah I joined the shoulder length challenge and I actually thought I couldn't successfully get past shoulder length but I did.....so to everyone keep your head up.........

blueabyss333

Now I know there are a lot more success stories out there...let's here them! We need all the inspiration we can get.

@Summa Bliss, do you consider collar bone longer than shoulder length? I always measured collar bone as 2-3 inches longer than shoulder length. Collar bone being around the bottom of your throat/collar bone and shoulder length being the top of your shoulders or grazing the top of your back?

divinefavor

I wasn't on any length goals last year. My goal was to gain healthy hair and learn as much as possible from LHCF. Unknowingly, I did reach shoulder length in 2005. Thanks to blueabyss333 pointing this out to me when she visited my album.:) I am currently on the APL challenge and I hope I can make it there by Dec 2006. I pray that we all reach our goals successfully and hopefully get more in return than we think! :)