People in length challenges

TexturedTresses

What are you doing to make you reach the length in the challenge. I'm in the mbl challenge and the waist length challenge. I'm currently at apl... I think. I won't know til my relaxer in about 2 wks. Anyways, I've been bunning, dc'ing 1 to 2 times a week. Moisturizing a lot. Cowashing after I work out, although its getting cold so I may stop. I've started making moe gro. I want to start using it when I relax. I'm also thinking about not trimming for a little while. So what are you doing?

JustKiya

I'm protective styling, DC'ing twice a week, using MT, haven't trimmed in over a year - wow, almost two, now....... that's about it.

LunadeMiel

I'm protective styling. I find that my hair is the softest and strongest when I wear wet buns. I'm buying some hair accesories so that I don't get bored.

Last edited:

TexturedTresses

I'm protective styling, DC'ing twice a week, using MT, haven't trimmed in over a year - wow, almost two, now....... that's about it.

How do your ends look after not trimming for almost two years?

I'm protective styling. I find that my hair is the softest and strongest when I wear wet buns. I'm buying some hair accesories that I don't get bored.

I've figured out how to multi-quote. Yeah!!! Okay what length challenges are you guys in?

Chameleonchick

For me cowashing and protective styling with braids (in cycles) has helped me out. I'm aimming for apl. At the beginning of the year I was barely neck length. I think my hair woud have been much longer (at least 2 inches) if I would have taken my time taking the "dreads" out from wearing my braids. I'm a little past shoulder length now.

soonergirl

Hey sandy!!! I am like you, I co wash to death and bun to death!!! I have gone a month with no heat, and dc all the time... I am in the wl 2009 challenge (end of 09)... I know I have lofty goals... I am still shedding (postpartum) and have put garlic oil in all of my condishes and take a garlic supp daily... I also use nioxin condish and scalp therapy as well.... Any tips on how we all can make our goals???? Cmon ladies chime in!!!

Highly Favored8

I was in the BSL 08 Challenge until my Full APL was cut on 9-16-08!

So, I am going for APL again by 2008!

In 2009 June I expect to be full APL and in December 09- I expect to be Full BSL Finally!

I relax every 12-18 weeks! I DC once a week and I Pre-Poo with Alma Oil once per week! I use Cantu Shea Butter on my hair and I am going back to Baggying my hair. This is what has helped me before. Now I am able to out my hair in a full ponytail.

My Styles are bunning and braid outs.

Eisani

I'm in the WL '09 challenge. I added a thanks to Lunademiel because that's exactly what I'm doing. Just leaving it the heck alone! I'm going to have to switch it up a bit now that it's cooling off, but not by too much.

Last edited:

Toy

I am in the waist Length challenge,and i am going to keep doing my regular routine

2x times a week cond wash/dc with Wen fig & a cheap cond
Bun Protective Styling
daily moisturizing w/proline moisturizer,s-curl,hairveda green tea butter & qhetmet root butter.
And Seal with any oil I have.

and hope i make it,if not oh well.

tenjoy

Im in the WL challenge.

I wear buns mostly, especially the second and third month after relaxing ( I relax every three months) I use the Ors replenishing pak as a leavin :lick:. But I think leaving my hair alone has worked wonders.

Eclass215

Here are my goals:

APL - 08
BSL - 09

If I make it that far, I'll keep going, but that's it. I've started using megatek every other day (been using for the last month) and I co-wash probably every other day and DC once a week. I wear buns most of the time, then I get bored and do a twist out. Other than that, I guess that's about it. I'm anxious to see what the results are at the end of this year!! :pray:

Solitude

Kiya, do you have a link to the SL by Dec 08 challenge? I've been searching and I can't find it!

I have a personal goal to reach SL by December 08.

Daily moisturizing with Soft and Beautiful lite moisturizing cream and/ or Elasta QP Mango Butter. Co-washing 1-3 times a week, depending on my workload. Rollersets & saran wrap treatments, no flatironing or curling irons. Pincurls & wrapping at night. Um, not trimming.....resisting Dom blowouts :sad:, doing my own hair at home instead. Oh, and scalp massages. Wow, that sounds like a lot....but I'm making great progress!!

Still relaxing every two months & yeah broke down and did a black rinse, so basically I have been resisting heat, but not chemicals.

Last edited:

MJ

I'm in the APL '08 and BSL '09 challenges.

To help me achieve these goals I'm also in the Bootcamp and Wig challenges. I wear cornrows under wigs, deep condition weekly, cowash a few times per week, and moisturize daily. I have an ultra-low manipulation and low heat regimen.

wheezy807

What are you doing to make you reach the length in the challenge. I'm in the mbl challenge and the waist length challenge. I'm currently at apl... I think. I won't know til my relaxer in about 2 wks. Anyways, I've been bunning, dc'ing 1 to 2 times a week. Moisturizing a lot. Cowashing after I work out, although its getting cold so I may stop. I've started making moe gro. I want to start using it when I relax. I'm also thinking about not trimming for a little while. So what are you doing?
I'm basicly doing the same thing, bunning, dc'ing with every shampoo (once a week), moisturizing daily, stretching relaxer (16 wks.), and trimming every eight wks. I joined the WL 2009 Challenge. My next relaxer will be in November, i hope to be BSL!

TLC1020

The challenges I am in are:
Hide Your Hair Challenge 8/15/08-12/31/08
Bra Strap Length 2008
Mid Back Length 2009

Although I had to tweak my regimen a little this is what I am doing to achieve my hair goals. I wear a bun seven days a week, moisturize daily, wash hair once a week on Sundays, stretch my relaxers to 12 weeks. Recently I put myself on a NO heat challenge from August until October and I successfully completed that challenge :grin:.

This regimen is was got me from SL to APL, however I had a setback from too much moisture and not enough protein. So what I did was added a little more protein to my regimen. Soooooo hopefully I'll be knocking on BSL door before the year is out.. :spinning::spinning:

Mrs.Green

I was in the APL 08 challenge and I made that :grin:. I made it by co-washing and bunning. My next challenge is BSL 09 since this is my first full winter in haircare, I will be switching to a wash/deepcondition once a week and rollersetting regimen. Lots of girls have had success with this regimen.

TexturedTresses

I was in the APL 08 challenge and I made that :grin:. I made it by co-washing and bunning. My next challenge is BSL 09 since this is my first full winter in haircare, I will be switching to a wash/deepcondition once a week and rollersetting regimen. Lots of girls have had success with this regimen.

Congratulations on your first goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
WL 2009, I'm cowashing daily and putting my hair in a single braid. Thats my protective style.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I am in the MBL 08 Challenge so I moisturise and seal daily (very lightly though) and wear protective styles every day. I DC with every wash. I never sleep without my satin cap.

classi123

Well I am trying to get to full APL. I been trying to grow my hair by using BT and also protective styling. I currently have my hair in a weave and it has helped me retain my most growth and also stretch to 12 weeks! :grin: