Length Check/Update(14 months post relaxer, 4 months natural)

Ms. Martina

Hey everyone! I haven't really posted in a long time, but I just wanted to check in and share my progress with you guys! For those of you who don't know... I am currently 14 months post relaxer, and I big chopped 4 months ago. Anywho, I flat ironed some of my hair the other day for a quick little length check. I didn't flat iron all of it...just the back half and a few pieces up front. I was simply doing it for a length check, so I didn't do a "relaxer straight" flat iron. I managed to get it straight enough to see my growth though. The last time I flat ironed it was two months ago (June), and I can definitely see some progress since then. I am not back to being a "long haired diva" just yet, but I am making my way on back there :lachen:. I do miss my long hair at times, but I know I will get back there in no time. I just need to remain patient :spinning:.

At any rate, check out my progress! Pictures are in my siggy! But if you prefer, here is my update video on Youtube. My hair is in good shape! It is nice and thick too! Please note that my ends are healthy and thick as well, but they look uneven because I did my own big chop. I will get my hair professionally evened up once I get to a length that I feel comfortable with. Until then, I will be just have to wear it uneven. I don't mind it since I wear it curly daily anyway. As far as my length is concerned, the hair in the back now touches my collar bone. It was shoulder length two months ago! I feel weird claiming CBL right now since I'm not full CBL. At any rate, it is growing, and that is great. :grin:

ETA: Here is my current regimen...

Shampoo (I do this once a week):
-Shea Moisture Shampoo (it is sulfate free and found at Target)

Conditioner Wash/Co-wash (I do this daily):
-Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner

Deep Conditioners (I use on of these 3 times a week):
-Giovanni Smooth as Silk (Target, Walmart, and etc)
-Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner

Leave In Conditioners/Detanglers (I use on or both of these daily):
-Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioner
-Kinky Curly Knot Today

Oils (I use daily after applying leave-in products):
-Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (I mostly use this one)

Stylers (I use one or all of these daily depending on the look I am going for):
-Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel (alcohol free)
-Kinky Curly Curling Custard (alcohol free)
-Jane Carter Wrap and Roll Foam (alcohol free)

Combing:
-I finger comb my hair daily in the shower while my conditioner marinates.
-I detangle my hair with a comb twice a month.

Protective Styling:
-I mostly wear wash and go's, but I wear lace front wigs when I want to give my hair a break. Underneath the wigs, my hair is cornrowed. I moisturize and seal the cornrows daily until I go back to wearing wash and go's again.

Bedtime Routine:
- I try to wear a satin bonnet or scarf at night, but there are times when I just go without anything on my head at all.

:grin:

Last edited:

bride91501

It really does look great- really healthy and thick, and your retention since June has been fantastic.

Now ma'am? You know better than this....ummm, where's the regggie? LOL

LoveTheSkinImIn

Congrats! We have kinda the same post relaxer/BC timing except ur like 2 months ahead of me. I'm almost 12 months post relaxer and BC'ed a little over 2 months ago

Aireen

Okay I'm about to be brutally honest. I don't normally say this with the BCs I see around here because I don't like lying to people just to make them feel good or being the only mean one and discouraging them. Although, I have to say this to you... your growth is CRAZY! It's amazing your hair grew so much in a short time. You really have your regimen nailed for someone that only went natural 4 months ago, your retention is GREAT! Keep up the good work and happy hair growing! :grin: