Let's Discuss REMY HAIR

PLEASE RATE THE BEST QUALITY REMY HAIR OVERALL

• Total voters

latebloomer

Ladies,

I am very interested in purchasing Remy hair. As we all know the prices for remy are astronomical, so I want to ensure I make a the right decision which is why I'm asking you ladies for your comments:yep: I am looking for the best quality possible because I work out often, and therefore wash my hair (or co-wash) very reguarly so I need something that will last! Also, are there any online sites where I can purchase remi hair for a good price?

Can you please comment on the prices you noticed for the following brands (Wet & Wavy 18" min):

Sensationnel - straight 16 inches and then body wave 14inches
(Black Diamond
SAGA
Outre
Giovanni and sons - indian remi

Can you please RATE the LONGIVITY of the hair:

Sensationnel - straight - had issues with dryness but overall was able to get 3 installs from it which i wore for 2-3 months each) Wavy having to use quite a bit of product to keep it from being so dry
Black Diamond
SAGA
Outre

Can you please RATE the best price for quality:

Sensationnel - for the first time trying Remy i was fairly happy with my purchase. But now that 'm no longer a remy virgin i demand more quality for my money!!!!:wallbash:
Black Diamond
SAGA
Outre

Amount of Shedding:

Sensationnel - this wavy one is shedding like mad :wallbash: but still looks nice but i wish i could see less of it on my bathroom florr.
Black Diamond
SAGA
Outre

Amount of times weave can be worn

Sensationnel - 3 times and now my mum using it for a short weave it looks hott! i feel like taking it back lol
Black Diamond
SAGA
Outre

If there are other brand you find amazing that are not on this list, please comment on those as well.

TIA

I'm now looking for a good quality virgin indian hair, can anyone recommend any good retailers in the london area or anywhere that isnt gonna charge me an arm and a leg for shipping costs... loving this thread wearing weaves has given me so much growth its really working for me :grin:

yardgirl

BSS Remy cannot be compared to Remy you get from vendors. The money you spend on BSS hair could get you some far superior remy from a vendor.

Check out Wagmans.

jenaccess

I have noticed lately that alot of hair manufacturer are using the name remy. I personal like the indian remy hand tied weft imported from India.
I purchased mine last year in May and it is still nice. I like the hand tied because it doesn't shed at all.
A friend of mine is in India going to different companies trying to get the best deal for a large quanity of hair so that she can sell online as well as in her hair salon.

NaniDiamond

for MY hair, I like the cuticle free hair that's closest to my natural texture, so I like a lil' "kink" to it...after YEARS of settling, I found a darn close match at hairestetics.com and i get the straight, CUTICLE KINKY 10".

you really don't need to seal, but I do anyway. I've had it now for just about 5-6mos and when i wash it , it pops right back and looks like it did when I took it outta the package.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it...
:yep:

Boujoichic

I recommend going over to Bhm as well those ladies are experts I am a BHM defector as well it was my first hair board. I would not recommend Milky Way Saga unfortunately I have tried it before the price is pretty steep for hair that sheds and goes hard and stiff after a few washes and yes it will start to tangle as well. One of the most reccommended brands on BHM for Beauty Supply store hair is Outre Velvet Remy for longevity. Now as foxieroxienyc mentioned if you are looking for hair you can reuse again and again I would reccommend wagmans prefectress as well .It's actually not much more expensive than BSS hair depending on the length you are buying and the quality is far away better than BSS.

ms.blue

I just ordered remy hair from hairesthetic.com which was way cheaper than the hair that I brought from Bronx hair supply which I thought it was remy hair but its not.

NaniDiamond

I just ordered remy hair from hairesthetic.com which was way cheaper than the hair that I brought from Bronx hair supply which I thought it was remy hair but its not.

I hope you got the CUTICLE REMY version...I've had the regular remy hair and it tangles and sheds (but will last a month or so)...

then I tried their version of CUTICLE REMY and boy-oh-boy...I have fallen in love w/ it. I practically have NO shedding and I've been re-installing continuously since Feb/Mar of this year! yes, ma'am

I would refuse delivery of that order (to avoid having to pay shipping cost to return it)...and when they get it back, exchange it for the cuticle remy if they'll let you do that... it's WELL worth the extra $40

p.s.
I posted a pic of my install somewhere on here, but they look exactly the same (Remy vs Cuticle Remy)...it's just that one doesn't shed nor tangle...AT ALL!:yep:

Aveena

I hope you got the CUTICLE REMY version...I've had the regular remy hair and it tangles and sheds (but will last a month or so)...

then I tried their version of CUTICLE REMY and boy-oh-boy...I have fallen in love w/ it. I practically have NO shedding and I've been re-installing continuously since Feb/Mar of this year! yes, ma'am

I would refuse delivery of that order (to avoid having to pay shipping cost to return it)...and when they get it back, exchange it for the cuticle remy if they'll let you do that... it's WELL worth the extra $40

p.s.
I posted a pic of my install somewhere on here, but they look exactly the same (Remy vs Cuticle Remy)...it's just that one doesn't shed nor tangle...AT ALL!:yep:

I had to say thanks again. I'm ordering hair today and was on the fence about getting the cuticle hair this time. I"ve gotten the remy before and while it was nice it DID tangle alot.

kaynewme

I use Outre after a recommendation from my "Weave Expert" friend...I was going to get Remy, but she adviced me to get Outre as it doesn't have the same level of fake shine!

I work out 6 days a week, and wash my hair every day, and it still looks good 3 weeks later. I have a full sew in, and I DC daily, and then roller set it to get it back to perfection!!:grin:

It is a whole lot lighter than it initially was, and I get compliments on 'How healthy my hair is!!'

My friend only washes hers once a week...but she's a skinny girl, and barely ever walks!

Hey,how are you? I just have some questions. How do you wash a full head weave? Do you have tips for caring for your hair while in a weave. I work out a lot so I can't wore my own hair out. I want hide it but care for it also. Thank you. Happy holidays.

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

chickory_bee

Hey,how are you? I just have some questions. How do you wash a full head weave? Do you have tips for caring for your hair while in a weave. I work out a lot so I can't wore my own hair out. I want hide it but care for it also. Thank you. Happy holidays.

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

I had to scroll through to see when I wrote this! I must confess, I now use ONYC. I do currently have a full sew in, still work out daily but live in a hotter climate. I am essentially bumping so that someone can post a link to washing for you. I will check again in the morning and post if nothing (sorry, I am a day ahead so its Monday night for me)