LHCF State of Emergency HELPPPP APHOGEE NIGHTMARE

FashionistaNY

Ladies, last night I used the Aphogee Treatment for Damaged hair and dried it as best as possible with a hand-dryer. Only problem, it took almost 20 minutes. Now, I've used aphogee in the past without any problems, however, I've always used it with a hood-dryer.

Anyway, I deep condition my hair for about an hour afterward with no heat while I did some chores. I rinsed and went to sleep.

This morning, I decided to go for my wash n set, the usual but this time when she removed the roller my hair was stiff as could be!!!! So she re-washed my hair which helped soften but my hair strands are still harder than normal. What should I do? Will this wash out/down with the next wash? ANY recommendations.

LoriLOCX

Sounds like your hair needs LOTS of moisture. Since you used a hand dryer, you may have cinged your ends.

Here's an emergency treatment for you to try:

Mix 1/2 cup mayonnaise with 1 TBSP EVOO and one egg.
Use a color brush to apply to hair like a relaxer, plastic cap, and leave on one hour. Make sure you get it on the ends well.

WARNING: This is very messy!!! I won't lie, but it's definitely worth it.

After the hour, rinse with lukewarm water so you don't cook the egg into your hair. Next, apply a deep conditioner. Mix your conditioner with honey and EVOO, plastic cap, minimum one hour. If you can, sit under a hood dryer for atleast 30 minutes. You can rinse out after 30 if you use heat, but if not, minimum one hour. You can actually leave this in as long as you feel like.

Rinse this out with lukewarm water, followed by a cold water rinse.
When you apply your styling products after, pay attention to your ends. You may benefit from using Vaseline directly on your ends for a while to seal in moisture.

Bottomline though.....if your ends are fried, you will end up having to trim. Say good-bye to the brittle and hello to the middle.

GOOD LUCK!!!!! This does work.

Last edited:

BAILEYSCREAM

FashionistaNY said:
Ladies, last night I used the Aphogee Treatment for Damaged hair and dried it as best as possible with a hand-dryer. Only problem, it took almost 20 minutes. Now, I've used aphogee in the past without any problems, however, I've always used it with a hood-dryer.

Anyway, I deep condition my hair for about an hour afterward with no heat while I did some chores. I rinsed and went to sleep.

This morning, I decided to go for my wash n set, the usual but this time when she removed the roller my hair was stiff as could be!!!! So she re-washed my hair which helped soften but my hair strands are still harder than normal. What should I do? Will this wash out/down with the next wash? ANY recommendations.

Sounds as though you followed up your aphogee treatment with another protein conditioner. Use a good cholesterol type conditioner, which contains absolutely no protein or very little and add some oils to it, EVOO or Aphogee Essential Fatty Acids usually does the trick.

If you possess a steamer machine, do an oil steam eg a steam treatment just using oil.

AngelicRose07

back from years of hiatus
hmm, seems like a "know-it-all" on another forum really doesnt know it all :lachen:

thanks for the correct info.

ThursdayGirl

weaveitup said:
hmm, seems like a "know-it-all" on another forum really doesnt know it all :lachen:

thanks for the correct info.

Definitely not... but ... maybe what she meant is that cholesterol conditioners
sometimes have protein in them. But Bailey's is right... its cholesterol is a fat.

FashionistaNY

I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions. Fortunately, even though my hair is a little harder than normal, it has some softness and bounce to it. One thing I'm grateful for, even though I was not losing much strands prior to the Aphogee, but I can happily report 3 days after my wash n set i've yet to see any strands in my comb or any loss during a comb out.

In addition, this week I've been going to bed with my hair pull back, pinned up and tied down with a scarf. In the mornings, I wrap before I shower and my hair is doing just fine :).

THANK YOU LHCF

jamiette

LoriLOCX said:
Sounds like your hair needs LOTS of moisture. Since you used a hand dryer, you may have cinged your ends.

Here's an emergency treatment for you to try:

Mix 1/2 cup mayonnaise with 1 TBSP EVOO and one egg.
Use a color brush to apply to hair like a relaxer, plastic cap, and leave on one hour. Make sure you get it on the ends well.

WARNING: This is very messy!!! I won't lie, but it's definitely worth it.

After the hour, rinse with lukewarm water so you don't cook the egg into your hair. Next, apply a deep conditioner. Mix your conditioner with honey and EVOO, plastic cap, minimum one hour. If you can, sit under a hood dryer for atleast 30 minutes. You can rinse out after 30 if you use heat, but if not, minimum one hour. You can actually leave this in as long as you feel like.

Rinse this out with lukewarm water, followed by a cold water rinse.
When you apply your styling products after, pay attention to your ends. You may benefit from using Vaseline directly on your ends for a while to seal in moisture.

Bottomline though.....if your ends are fried, you will end up having to trim. Say good-bye to the brittle and hello to the middle.

GOOD LUCK!!!!! This does work.
OMG, This remedy is soooo nice. My hair loved it! I used it because I think that I went overboard on protein last night, after letting my hair air dry It was extremly brittle, and dry. Today I tried exactly what you recommended and I love it :love:. Thanks

LoriLOCX

Sorry it took so long to respond....but you're welcome. Glad it worked for you. This is my sure fire remedy for almost any hair problem. It seems to revive the hair to normal. A few other members have told me they've tried it with success. I use everything before recommending it, so I knew it worked. I'm just really glad it helped. :)

jamiette said:
OMG, This remedy is soooo nice. My hair loved it! I used it because I think that I went overboard on protein last night, after letting my hair air dry It was extremly brittle, and dry. Today I tried exactly what you recommended and I love it :love:. Thanks

Plenty

I had this very same problem at the beginning of the month.

This product is not for every body, I do not think you should use it unless your hair is in seriously in bad condition.

n-e ways...

My hair broke off for about a week, until I washed with nexxus biotion oil shampoo and deep conditioned with nexxus humectress for 30 mins/w heat.

Good luck, I feel your pain. Literally!