Light Mountain [Henna] Natural Hair Color & Conditioner

westNDNbeauty

Have any naturals tried this henna?

A friend of mine with dark dirty brown hair with some natural highlights of light dirty brown is thinking on trying it.

She currently has no other chemical process and do not forsee any in the next 3 months.

If you've had experiences with this henna, please share.

Kay.Dee

I bought a box a few years ago from a health food store. I googled it a little and got scared

Myth - Henna is Henna is Henna.

Check the ingredient list; if the packet contains anything other than Lawsonia inermis, you do not have pure henna! "Compound henna", a mixture of henna and other herbal or artificial ingredients, has been linked to unfortunate chemical reactions with dyed hair due to the presence of metallic salts. Real henna cannot cause green hair; compound henna can. The best-quality, purest henna for dyeing hair is body-art quality henna, usually sold for mehndi.

Some people on other boards have said that true, pure henna does NOT come in that many colors. There is something else in there.

I just depends on how adventurous you are. Since I joined this board I've become a complete dud! I do use indigo to get my hair jet black, but since you're wanting a lighter color I'm not sure what to suggest.

HoneyDew

Im not natural but I used it a few times. I used the neutral one. It is nothing like body art henna. I think it is more like Cassia. I emailed them about it and never got an upfront answer. It did nothing harmful to my hair. It is not sifted well tho.

BostonMaria

I almost bought this brand, but decided against it since I was looking for an alternative to (messy) henna. I ended up purchasing Tints of Nature at Whole Foods instead.

I picked this brand because its not tested on animals, have less harsh chemicals and it is plant based. Here are some reviews if you decide to use it. I've been using this for a year and so far the results are great. BTW it does contain PPD's.

Attachments

• Tints of Nature.jpg
    Tints of Nature.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Mecca_Goddess

I posted a thread asking the same question not too long ago.... I bought this a couple months ago, have not used it. After reading the ingredients it seemed that is included more cassia than henna. I could give the same effect as a cassia treatment with mild coloring effects.
I'm thinking of trying this out mixed with some cheapie VO5 just to be safe.

PocketVenus

Hi,

I used this brand of henna once, I believe in medium brown. I liked it fine. I have natural highlights that are the same color as well, and it turned my hair reddish. Definitely darker, not lighter.
My only problem with it is that it was soooo hard to wash out because it is not well sifted. There were twigs, etc in it. It took forever, so I've moved onto finer sifts.
I'd say it definitely worked though. My hair felt stronger (not softer though, but that's a side effect that can occur for all brands of henna, and may be my error more than the brand of henna).

I think that the colors are different because of the indigo content. In the box were two packets that I had to put on separately. I believe the first one was straight henna, and the other was indigo. I'm not quire sure though, how they get degrees of color. Maybe percentages of indigo/cassia? But I'm not sure.

Hope that helps!