Lingering smoke from cigarrettes and our hair

Maa Maa omo mti

(I posted this on the OT but I'm not getting any response)

SO i came back from an audit today and the rep who works in the office is a heavy smoker. As soon as I walked in there was heavy stale smoke smell in the air. While I was in the office the poor guy (70yrs or so) must have lighted 5 or more cigarrettes :perplexed. Now I'm at home, took a shower, washed my hair and I still smell the smoke. It's killing me :sad:

For smokers do you notice this when your not smoking, or does it not even phase you?

For those that don't smoke what do you do in that situation?

and how can I get rid of this darn smell.

oh yeah he was smoking one of those heavy duty ones in a green box, not sure the name.

mochamadness

Going the Distance
Not a smoker, but lived with a few in my lifetime. The only thing that helps to get rid of the smell is washing, which I see hasn't worked for you :ohwell: Maybe try washing againg and deep conditioning with one of the sweetest smelling conditioners that you have in your home.

MizAvalon

Green box? Those stinkers may have been Kools! My Dad used to smoke those back in the day and...:barf:

Just keep washing girl, it will go away in another day or two.

KEWLKAT103

I agree with washing and eventually you won't notice it any longer. I am very sensitive to smoke smells now because I'm not around it. When I was growing up my Mother smoked and I was "immune" to ciggerette smoke smell, but now I can smell it even before the smoker comes into the room.
Yuck!

Maa Maa omo mti

Thanks ladies. I just washed again and DC. I didn't smell it when the hair was wet, now it's in rollers and drying and I can still smell it.

Lawrd help me. Well I guess I will be doing wash and go for a while. :rolleyes:

Miss*Tress

Have you washed the clothes you were wearing? That could be where the odor is coming from, because it's not that difficult to remove from hair.

Maa Maa omo mti

As soon as I got home that was the first thing I did. But I can still smell it. That smoke was strong!!!!!. I'm sure it's in my skin if not my hair. I'm sitting here smelling it and maybe it's my mind I keep thinking it's getting stronger.

I've been to clubs before where people smoked weed, and cigars and I had no problem removing it. But it must be this kind of cigarrettes :perplexed

It's driving me crazy:drunk::spinning:

BrooklynSouth

As soon as I got home that was the first thing I did. But I can still smell it. That smoke was strong!!!!!. I'm sure it's in my skin if not my hair. I'm sitting here smelling it and maybe it's my mind I keep thinking it's getting stronger.

I've been to clubs before where people smoked weed, and cigars and I had no problem removing it. But it must be this kind of cigarrettes :perplexed

It's driving me crazy:drunk::spinning:

Clarify then use a highly fruit scented rinse...that does it for me.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

(I posted this on the OT but I'm not getting any response)

SO i came back from an audit today and the rep who works in the office is a heavy smoker. As soon as I walked in there was heavy stale smoke smell in the air. While I was in the office the poor guy (70yrs or so) must have lighted 5 or more cigarrettes :perplexed. Now I'm at home, took a shower, washed my hair and I still smell the smoke. It's killing me :sad:

For smokers do you notice this when your not smoking, or does it not even phase you?

For those that don't smoke what do you do in that situation?

and how can I get rid of this darn smell.

oh yeah he was smoking one of those heavy duty ones in a green box, not sure the name.

They can smoke in offices where you live? That seems off the wall! I wouldn't have been able to sit there while he smoked. I have a low tolerance for that smell/stink. Whenever i am outside and i walk by someone smoking, they of course have to exhale just as i'm about to walk by. I make a wider arc around the smoke to avoid it at all costs :lachen: