Natural 3Cs - What temp do you flatiron @ and see NO SMOKE?

naturallygoldie

I've been flatironing at 340 for 3 years now (s/o to the <3 of my life SEDU REVOLUTION) and I've always done it at 340 one pass.

I usually pass chi silk infusion on the part that I'm about to flatiron (about a dime size) and rub it through. Usually there's a little smoke but I always figured that was from the product since I never had "burnt hair" smell :spinning:

Usually this is done on freshly washed and dried hair (no blowdryer). Is there a way to do this with no smoke? Should I put the chi in as my hair is air drying?

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i usually use 370-390 one to two passes...no smoke. ever.

i use chi to blow dry and kerastace serum once my hair is dry.

SouthernScienceNerd

How small are the sections that you apply the dime sized amount of serum to?
I divide my hair into fourths and apply a dime sized amount to each fourth. (I flat iron on 390-400 with no smoke.) I'm thinking its the excess product causing the smoke.

naturallygoldie

I'm using too much product :( I use a dime size on each 2 inch section. I will try using it like you do once my hair finishes air drying

Thanks ladies

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Usually smoke when flat ironing is due to the product not the temperature. Even so i Dont think you should be worried about a little smoke.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
@havilland what am I doing wrong cuz it's not the temp :nono:

i agree with SouthernScienceNerd maybe it's too much product. i use about a dime size amount of serum on each of four sections of hair.

i never see smoke.

however when i go to the salon i always see smoke, and i think it's because she uses more product than i do because she uses a lower temperature than i use at home AND my hair never smells burned.

LisaMar

I use 320 - 370 temp, no smoke. I agree that it must be the amount of product which may be too much the the hair you have sectioned off during each pass.