lite press b4 braids?

keke

Hello every1. I am gettin braids today and my roots are rough again. Darn, I been using motions hair lotion to soften them up and i did a lite press twice this week to get it ready but EACH morning i wake up the roots are still rough. :^S Can i just press it litely so that they can get through it better? I mean :^S i dont know if they will be able to braid my hair like this and even if they could my hair will prolly get all bushy and look like i need another touchup already. :^( Is it ok if i press?

The best thing to do is leave it alone. My hair always holds better in braids when I just wash and deep condition the night before and let it air dry. When your hair is coarse, it has a better hold in braids....trust me...

thank you. i was thinking that because of this coarseness that it would be able to hold better in the braids so w/that wont my hair be fuzzy though? Like next day it'll look kinda old already or maybe a few days later? Imm atry to keep a positive outlook on things and pray things go well. hehe thank you

Hey keke were you on blackvoices with this thread lol? leave your roots alone its better for your braider to grip your hair. If you have a good braider your roots will not show. Believe me i know i didn't have a perm for a year and i got my hair braided and you could tell.
naughty.gif

nooniecakes you go 2 blackvoices ? me 2

yeah keke leave it cuz when your new growth comes in if will look funny, and god for bid your hair gets wet underneth:0 let it alone

Yes that is me. You know i was wondering if any1 from here was on there i wasnt sure of who yall names is but cool. :^) Well my braids look good and yday the braider told me that next time i come there i should put some pump it up in my hair to make it softer and more able for them to comb through it. Cause b4 she started she blow dryed my hair a lil bit str8'r to get through it. But anyway my braids came out good. :^)

That's great but why pump it up wouldn't that make it hard? maybe she meant to say use oil sheen. But i am glad your braids came out good.
clap.gif

Hey
wave.gif
! I saw you ask this on BV! Glad everything worked out for you. I usually blow out my roots before I get them braided. They hold better on hair that is not so straight, but not too thick.
Rose.gif

Back