Long Hair and Kinky Twist

LaFemmeNaturelle

Anyone with hair bsl or longer ever get kinky twists? Can you post pics? Did you do them yourself? I've always wanted kinky twists but all the shops told me my hair was too long or they would charge an arm and a leg. I'm thinking about cutting some or the rest of my relaxed ends this summer so I can finally enjoy a style that I've been wanting for like 7 years. I also tried doing yarn braids but it was taking me entirely too long to do (don't know if it's because of the length of my hair or because I'm slow:spinning:). Anyway, please post pics or point me to youtubers with long hair and kinky twists/yarn braids.

I'll welcome pics from ladies with apl as well because I may just cut to that length if I need to but I don't think I want to go any shorter than that.

Don't forget! PICS PICS PICS! VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS!

ETA: I'm transitioning. Currently 15 months post.

Last edited:

winnettag

Kinky twists no, but senegalese twists yes.
Do you not like the senegalese twists?
I've been interested in getting kinky twists, but i know it'll be super expensive.
There was a thread that had a pic of long kinky twists....i'll try to find it.

LaFemmeNaturelle

Yes I like senagalese twists. I may try them one day but the look I really want are kinky twists. IDK why. I guess I just prefer the look.:spinning:

Glamorous_chic

i didn't have bsl, but i had near apl and was told my hair was too long. they still did the kinky twist but said that after that, i'd need to do senegalese twist. for me, they costed the same b/c of the length of my hair though. but from your post, i get that you're transitioning and are considering bc and really wanted kinky twist then i agree this would be a good time go on ahead and bc and get the kinky twist.