Long hair & handheld blow dryer?

AFashionSlave

My hair is past bra strap again and I don't want to jack it up, but I'm sick of waiting for my hair to dry.

Do any of you bra strap or longer ladies use direct heat (I mean blow dryer or flat iron) on a regular basis (by regular I mean at least once a week)?

If you do use heat? What do you use to keep it from breakin off?

BTW, I'm talking to relaxed and natural sisters?

Phoenix14

My hair is BSL or a little past and I recently started using the blow dryer every time I washed for that exact reason. I haaaaated waiting for it to dry. I alternate between using the comb attachment and tension method. It depends on my mood.

Mz.MoMo5235

I think it depends on what you're looking for. When I was BSL all the way down to HL I would use a difuser on my hair if I didnt have time to wait for it to dry.

Are you looking at wearing your hair straight or curly?

AFashionSlave

Mz.MoMo5235 said:
I think it depends on what you're looking for. When I was BSL all the way down to HL I would use a difuser on my hair if I didnt have time to wait for it to dry.

Are you looking at wearing your hair straight or curly?

My hair isn't curly. Its 4ab. I wear twist outs all of the time. I just like to blow it out first before I twist. When I twist my hair wet it takes 12-24 hours to dry depending if I sit under the dryer.

Mz.MoMo5235

Oh, Then yeah. Difusing will get your hair dry like you want with out the damage since the heat isnt direct. I would difuse my hair every other day sometimes in the winter time so I wouldnt go out with a wet head. I wouldnt use a heat protectant either. I would just apply all of usual prods minus my oils. I would apply my oil after I defused. But when ever I would forget or I would think I was going to air dry then have to go some where I would defuse with the oil in and it didnt seem to make a difference.