Naturals..Need Advice: What's the Best Blow Dryer for Natural Hair

brownbean96

Handheld blow-dryer that is. I'm looking to buy one and along with flat-irons, that are so many out there to chose from -:spinning: I need your help in deciding which would be best. Having said that, I'd like your opinion based on your experience please

1. What blow dryer do you believe works best getting natural hair dry/straight the fastest?

2. Have you used other blow-dryer's? What makes the one you use the best? Does it dry faster on a lower temperature? Dry's hair straighter in less time and/or with less heat, etc.

3. Do you need to use a comb attachment, diffuser, etc. in order to achieve your results?

MsBoinglicious

1. What blow dryer do you believe works best getting natural hair dry/straight the fastest?

I'm not a blow dryer expert. But blow dryers with the bigger wider noses are better than the ones with the little/skinny noses. *giggles* They cover more hair *shrugs shoulders*

2. Have you used other blow-dryer? What makes the one you use the best? Does it dry faster on a lower temperature? Dry's hair straighter in less time and/or with less heat, etc.

The one I have is about 5 years old or so. It’s a Conair Ion blow-dryer. It dries like a regular dryer I guess. The Ions are supposed to make the hair shiny but I never noticed anything drastically different. It has cool/warm and hot settings with the option to blow on regular air or blow on ion air. Depending on my technique I can get puffy straight or mild "almost could have been half arsed flat ironed" straight hair.

3. Do you need to use a comb attachment, diffuser, etc. in order to achieve your results?

I use the tension method to blow (hold the hair straight with hands and blow down the shafts). I use to use the comb when I was relaxed but since natural I don’t. I usually air dry and use the blow dryer to get that 10% water out before I flatiron.

fyb87

Sorry..I don't have any feedback. I haven't blow-dried in years. I part my hair in two and do two braids and let it air dry then I flat-iron. Interested in reading different responses. :grin:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
anything ionic :yep: will do you good. i honestly wouldn't spend more than $20 on this. mine is Hot and Silky, and i got it at Sally's for $40-but it came with a free flat iron....that i haven't used yet. :look:
i've used both the tension method and the comb attachment-works pretty much the same for me.

suburbanbushbabe

I'm not an expert but the one I have and love is the Bespoke T3 Overnight - ceramic with a tourmaline diffuser. It's fast. Has no cool shot. Got it 1/2 price at Marhsll's but the diffuser cost me $30. It travels well too. The other one I have was my favorite until the T3 - a Babyliss 3300 Ceramic.

darlingdiva

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SalonCabelo#play/uploads/13/UYejkW9sBlA

Try this Youtube of Stylist Rachel from Salon Cabelo. She has a two part on how to blow dry natural hair and also learn to flat iron. She is the reason, I've decided to go natural back in may. She styles her hair just like I would love to wear my hair. Let me know, how things work out.

India

I was just going to mention her. In fact, I was just on youtube looking at her videos. She endorses the FHI Heat, which I was looking at in Ricky's on Sunday. I'm going to get it as soon as I get paid.

Neek-a-Nator

I use a Chi hand held blow dryer, it dries my hair without gettint it too hot or hard. It seems to dry my hair with less heat. I use a diffuser with a paddle brush to dry. This gets your hair straighter than using a comb attachment IMHO.

brownbean96

What do you like about the Babyliss. I have the flat iron and like it much better than the cheapie flat iron I used previously.

I'm not an expert but the one I have and love is the Bespoke T3 Overnight - ceramic with a tourmaline diffuser. It's fast. Has no cool shot. Got it 1/2 price at Marhsll's but the diffuser cost me $30. It travels well too. The other one I have was my favorite until the T3 - a Babyliss 3300 Ceramic.

brownbean96

I've heard that - using the paddle brush. Did the diffuser come with your dryer? Did you buy the dryer on-line?
I use a Chi hand held blow dryer, it dries my hair without gettint it too hot or hard. It seems to dry my hair with less heat. I use a diffuser with a paddle brush to dry. This gets your hair straighter than using a comb attachment IMHO.

LoveLiLi

I air-dry most of the time, but I have a blow-dryer for emergencies. I bought a Rusk Speed Freak a few months ago and no other blow dryer has gotten my hair dry so fast.

When I'm at the salon and the stylist blow-dries my hair she stops, thinking it's dry and always has to go in a second (and sometimes third) time. I'm a stylist's nightmare. :laugh:

But the Speed Freak gets my hair dry in no time and it has a cool shot.

supermodelsonya

Im thinking of purchasing the GVP PRO Low EMF dryer from Sally's. It's only 29.99 for this month only and it compares to the CHI Rocket Blow Dryer.

Hmm...I'll post a review when I get it....

aegis

I just ordered a blow dryer from sallys. Don't remember the name. I want to say solera? It was $90. It's supposed to be good.