Long Hair Sighting (her secret enclosed)

Dynamic:

Glad you are laughing! Stawberry and I are not fighting. I got her post very well and took it lightly. I just replied that I am a bit rough. Perhaps, it is the indian side of me. Yet, I make no apologies and perhaps I will try to be a bit softer.

Now Locks of Luv who told you that I do not have "Black" in me? I dropped one of my coconut cookies reading your comment. You owe me a cookie! Preferably homemade. I shoud send you mummy's receipe.

Moving forward, this point being made, I digress from discussing anything further with you about your comment. However, thank you for the pass and might I mention that your hair is looking quite lovely. I like the shine and how it looks healthy in your avatar.

Strawberry:

Is there another way to drink ginger beer? I drink it straight. I have been drinking it since a child and I love it.

It does not taste like medicine. It tastes so good to me. It is first time I heard such a comment but everyone has different tastes.

Me think you drinking the wrong ginger beer!

We better be good because this thread is not about ginger beer...I do not want to disrespect this thread.

spiceykitten said:
Dynamic:

Glad you are laughing! Stawberry and I are not fighting. I got her post very well and took it lightly. I just replied that I am a bit rough. Perhaps, it is the indian side of me. Yet, I make no apologies and perhaps I will try to be a bit softer.

Now Locks of Luv who told you that I do not have "Black" in me? I dropped one of my coconut cookies reading your comment. You owe me a cookie! Preferably homemade. I shoud send you mummy's receipe.

Moving forward, this point being made, I digress from discussing anything further with you about your comment. However, thank you for the pass and might I mention that your hair is looking quite lovely. I like the shine and how it looks healthy in your avatar.

o gosh, I can't even breathe I'm laughing so hard!!!:lachen: :lachen: :rofl:

spiceykitten said:
Dynamic:

Hey Spicey, it's all good. I understand your font style. I am sort of the same way. And yeah, thanks for the compliment about my hair.:)

Your post in the other hair thread ->"In addition, I am not AA. I know majority on here are so you can use whatever terminology makes you feel comfortable." was the turning point that made me think you are not Black. So there, I won't be buying you cookies anytime soon.:lol:

I hate being 5 hours ahead. I go to sleep and miss EVERYTHING!

:lol:

I still wanna know if she was natural or relaxed. I dunno what "fixed" means? Pressed maybe? But she said no heat...soo?
@SQ,
I'm curious to know too. Or perhaps we're looking at the word 'fixed' too literally too... teehee

@Locksofluv
She may still be black, but isn't african american because of the country she lives on or that she just doesn't subscribe to that terminolgy..

Last edited:
LocksOfLuV said:
Hey Spicey, it's all good. I understand your font style. I am sort of the same way. And yeah, thanks for the compliment about my hair.:)

Your post in the other hair thread ->"In addition, I am not AA. I know majority on here are so you can use whatever terminology makes you feel comfortable." was the turning point that made me think you are not Black. So there, I won't be buying you cookies anytime soon.:lol:

*sticks nose in* I would never refer to myself as being African-American as I don't believe it describes any of my heritage or the experiences of my ancestors in an accurate way or meaningful way (but that's a whole other thread), but I certainly do consider myself Black. Perhaps Spicey meant the same thing...

Soho:

You got it baby!

LocksofLuv:

You still owe me a cookie! AA does not cover the entire black race. Now if I do not get my cookie, you going to make my Indian side come out and things going get real heated up in here! I guess you do not know how crazy douglas can be. We can flip each side!

Yet, I am going to give you a pass because there is no bloody way you can make mummy's coconut cookies. She is the best and seeing as you are AA..no comment. LOL

spiceykitten said:
Soho:

Yet, I am going to give you a pass because there is no bloody way you can make mummy's coconut cookies. She is the best and seeing as you are AA..no comment. LOL

I'm not AA either, but that comment.. WHOA.

*thud*

*picks self off the ground*

*thud*

Seri:

Do not take my words out of context. I meant it to be funny, not offensive to LocksofLuv. I do not want it to be confusion between she and I based on my words being taken out of context.

It is obvious that I meant it as funny because most AA do not eat the type of coconut cookie I grew up with...okay.

I have nothing against you either but I do speak my mind.

But then you're assuming that she's not from where ever you're from.

You could have said the same thing to me, and I would have thrown that back in your face, because again, you don't know where I'm from either.

Seri:

I do not wish to respond to you anymore in this format, out of respect for others. If you wish you may pm me to continue this conversation or resolve any issues you may have about my comments.

I think everyone would appreciate us handling things in a more private manner if you have anymore comments.

spiceykitten said:
Soho:

You got it baby!

LocksofLuv:

You still owe me a cookie! AA does not cover the entire black race. Now if I do not get my cookie, you going to make my Indian side come out and things going get real heated up in here! I guess you do not know how crazy douglas can be. We can flip each side!

You know what. You are absolutely correct. I am kinda embarassed because I am Black and I don't like the term African American myself so I shouldn't have assumed that everyone else is okay with the term. Not that there is anything wrong with it I just choose not to call myself African American. I call myself Brown or Black American.

Coconut cookies ehhh? Sounds delish!!

spiceykitten said:
Dynamic:

spiceykitten can you PM me your mummy's coconut cookies recipe please or post it on the cooking forum.

:sekret: Will the coconut cookies grow my hair if I do nothing :sekret:

YOU BETTER TELL IT!

spiceykitten said:
I do not really understand why some people cannot accept that some people do not have to do anything extra to have long hair.

So what if a person is 4a or 4b! I think some of you contradict yourselves. Many tout that black women hair can grow and most believe that "black hair" is mostly representative of the 4a or 4b category which is untrue. Yet, when person says they do nothing and have 4a or 4b hair you complain they must be doing something. I just do not get it, especially after all the information provided on this board. Some comments to me are frustruating.

I believe your hair is 50% what you do to it and the other 50% is genetics.

Some people hair will grow slow and some grow fast. Some people can get to shoulder length in a year and some take two years.

The way you all write, is like we are all related. I do not think I am related to any of you, so none of you can be my standard to how my hair will grow but you can offer encouragement and give hope to those who think long hair is not possible for a Black woman.

Even your family members can be different from you. It depends on what you do with what you got and what your genetics entail for you.

Some people will make it to waistlength and some people will not. This is is life. In the meantime you just have to love what you have. I see a lot of women on here with shoulder length beautiful hair and shorter.

Maybe if some people start loving what they have and stop lusting over what they do not have..then MAYBE they God will bless them with more rewards.

You have to love what you have in order to get more. In addition, what is someone elses is not yours.

LOL who cares, take what you can get and get the h*ll on. I wish someone WOULD step to me on the street with a bunch of inquiries about my hair and try and make me feel obligated to respond to them when I do not not know them from a can of paint.

One woman stepped to another - they did not know each other. One woman asked a basic question - and the person responded as they see fit. Take it and move on and draw your own conclusions about the rest.

BTW, since none of you know me, I am just being a smart alec but seriously - we tout that we are intelligent women, let's start using some of the good sense God gave us.

StrawberryQueen said:
Man this is a discussion board about HAIR. This is what we do, talk about HAIR. The hair we want, the hair we have, the hair we admire, the hair we hate, real hair fake hair, who's lying, who's got a wig on, who's hair is falling out.

Come on now. It's not that serious to be freaking out at home about this. But I do get what you're saying-but this is what folks around here do, ok? :lachen:

And while she probably meant "little" instead of nothing, nothing is LITERALLY nothing to some of us (me), meaning "I do not wash, comb, condition my hair." Others intrepret it differently-ok? Is that alright? :lol:

I still wanna know if she was natural or relaxed. I dunno what "fixed" means? :confused: Pressed maybe? But she said no heat...soo?

Spicey - do YOU. I can appreciate your candor and frankness. Ain't no guessing what you think - you gon' come with it. I like that! And it sounds like you have common sense too - can always appreciate THAT!

spiceykitten said:
StrawberryQueen:

My dear, I am actually a cool cat right now. I am sipping ginger bear as we speak.

I am not freaking out. My words come out strong at times. It is how I am. In my culture they say the mix make you hotblooded and make the brain not thick. Brain and blood is always boiling, so excuse my frankness.

This is why I barely post because most people cannot handle the spice or cannot draw the meat out of my comments.

I am going to get some coconut cookies to go with my drink, so I will bow out.

I like the disclaimer idea. Some people need to have it spelled out for them.

dynamic1 said:
:lachen: :lachen: Okay spicey and Strawberry you are making my stomach hurt.

New member disclaimer - Proceed with caution...do not jump on the "do nothing" (literally) challenge and come back blaming LHCF for your hair woes.

But seriously, maybe there should be a LHCF disclaimer.
Warning: All products, methods, techniques, etc. contained on this site are not guaranteed to work for everyone.

I wash, condition and moisturize once a week and it's working for me. I've been able to go from mid neck length to 3 inches past shoulder length after a 22 month transition. I kept fighting the simple regimen but that's what works for me. Hoping to reach APL this year!

Back