Looking for a church home in Atlanta, GA

Pam Pam

Ladies, I think this forum is a wonderful addition to a believer's walk in God. I have enjoyed reading the different topics started in here.

I've been in Atlanta over 5 years, but have not found a church home for me and my family. I need one that has adult and children's ministries.

I got saved at St. James COGIC in Chicago, where Willie James Campbell is the pastor. Our church went through a transformation, so to speak, and then I moved to Atlanta.

I know I am biased because I'm always comparing the churches I visit to my church in Chicago. It's like being in love with a guy and after the breakup, trying to find another guy and comparing every other guy to what you had with him.

I learned so much at my church and the atmosphere was awesome. I know I may never be able to duplicate it, but I'd like to feel "at home" with another church.

Please share with me churches that you would recommend.

Thanks.:D

divinefavor

Hello,

What area of Atlanta do you live in? My church is awesome, it took me two years to find a church home after I moved to Atlanta from Milwaukee. The name of my church is New Merices Christian Church we're in Lilburn. We have both adult and children's ministries.

Pam Pam

divinefavor said:
Hello,

What area of Atlanta do you live in? My church is awesome, it took me two years to find a church home after I moved to Atlanta from Milwaukee. The name of my church is New Merices Christian Church we're in Lilburn. We have both adult and children's ministries.

I live downtown.

Do you have a link to the website???

Thanks for responding.:)

Sweet C

divinefavor said:
Hello,

You go to Pastor Curney's church. I like him. He use to be either head of the youth division or assistant pastor at New Birth.

mkh_77

Well, there is Ray of Hope in Lithonia, and there are a couple of good churches in the Cascade area.

mkh_77

Are you looking for a particular denomination or type of worship? I think that would help narrow it down a bit.

Pam Pam

Well, I got saved in the Church of God in Christ and I'm partial to that doctorine. I am definitely a word based believer and not so much into fleshly traditions.

I found New Mercies. The secretary said they had 6,000 members. :eek:

divinefavor

Sweet C said:
You go to Pastor Curney's church. I like him. He use to be either head of the youth division or assistant pastor at New Birth.

Yes, girl!!! That is my Pastor!!! I love New Mercies! Yes, you are right he was first the youth pastor at New Birth and the Assistant Pastor at New Birth before God called him to start his own church.

divinefavor

Pam Pam said:
Well, I got saved in the Church of God in Christ and I'm partial to that doctorine. I am definitely a word based believer and not so much into fleshly traditions.

I found New Mercies. The secretary said they had 6,000 members. :eek:

Yes, but it doesn't feel like that. I joined the church when it first opened in May of 2002. It is definitely a family church though inspite of the 6,000 members. It still has that small church feel, especially if you're involved in ministries.

I come from a small Pentecostal Church in Milwaukee. So, it took me a while to get use to being in a bigger church and it also took me a while to let go of some of those "old traditions".