Looking for a clarifying poo....

LadyJay114

Without laureth/laurel sulfates in it (sodium or ammonium)... that stuff dries out my hair and skin.

Anyone have one?

I know Nexxus makes a clarifying shampoo, but I am unsure of the ingredients. I'll do some research and report back.

I believe the Nexxus has SLS...

I think you're going to have to buy a natural/organic clarifying shampoo to find one w/o sulfates. Most regular store brand stuff has sulfates...don't quote me on it though. Aubrey Organics has a Green Tea clarifying shampoo without sulfates. Avalon Organics has one too.

Last edited:
I love Nexxus Aloe Rid and Kenra. I clarify and deep condition once a week. My hair doesn't feel stripped or dry. I can't quote the ingredients (not accessible to the bottles). I don't know what you've used in the past. But like mkstar826 states you my have to go with an organic line to find one with no sulfates at all. Just my $.02.

LadyJay114 said:
Without laureth/laurel sulfates in it (sodium or ammonium)... that stuff dries out my hair and skin.

Anyone have one?

I hate to be the voice of dissent but you won't find one.

Those SLS/ALS ARE the things that clarify.

You can try adding baking soda to your shampoo. But I heard that is horribly stripping and I can imagine so.

Back