Loss of Curl Pattern??

Kurly K

Is anyone else scared that once their hair grows out that they will lose their curl pattern?? I've been hearing that once your hair grows and becomes heavier the curl pattern loosens and I think mine is already doing so and im scared my curls may turn into waves once im APL or longer :look:

JustKiya

Yeah, I'm nervous about it, but - not nervous enough to stop growing. I figure if my hair gets long enough that the curls totally fall out, and I start to hate the waves, it'll be easy to cut a couple inches off and get the curls that I want, back. :yep:

LunadeMiel

My hair has already started doing this. It is most noticeable when I wear my hair is naked. about 30% of my hair is just waves right now. I suspect that as my hair grows all of my hair will turn to waves. The only comforting things is that the end still curl a bit :ohwell:

BostonMaria

That happened to my stepdaughter when she has waist length hair, but her mother cut it in layers and she got all her curls back.

I'm not really worried about it. My hair changes every month so it won't be a surprise to me.

Cichelle

It happened to me kinda. I really only have curls on the ends now. It's mostly very wavy, but there are factors that influence this one way or another. It doesn't happen to everyone and some folks find that they go through stages. For instance at a certain length they sort of lose some curliness, but at even longer lengths it comes back. I guess you can only wait and see.

Nonie

Nah! I don't think mine will. :look: I think my hair will behave like Stephanie Suther's (Hairobics). I can't seem to find a certain picture of hers which showed her bending forward and reaching back with her hand to stretch her hair down to her lower back--the only way it seemed we'd get to see its true length because of shrinkage. There was also another showing photo showing her wearing her hair in a single braid but she appeared to be hanging some sort of weight at the end of the braid so it'd stretch the hair to show length. Does anyone remember what I'm talking about?

Of course if my hair doesn't behave like that, I'll be back to eat humble pie. :lol:

Kurly K

My hair has already started doing this. It is most noticeable when I wear my hair is naked. about 30% of my hair is just waves right now. I suspect that as my hair grows all of my hair will turn to waves. The only comforting things is that the end still curl a bit :ohwell:

twinnnn ur scaring me!! becuz i have that same 30% on the left side of my hair and top :ohwell:

Soliel185

Hmm..I don't think I have to worry about that...even as a child my hair had little to no "hang time" whatsoever.

bermudabeauty

I have a relaxer texlax whatever and now that my hair is longer the curls are definatley now waves. Maybe because of the weight of the hair? I don't know but I miss the way my hair used to look when I would wash and go. Oh well. Loss of curl pattern is the sacrafice I am willing to make for having longer hair.

Leeda.the.Paladin

I hadn't really been worrying about it, but I had thought about it. I'm just enjoying it for how it is now, as I'm pretty sure I won't ever have short hair again. Whatever it wants to do is fine with me.

LadyKaypnyc

My hair hasn't, my curls have stretched out a little more, but my hair is still kinky/coily/curly. I'm just APL, but I'm pretty sure I won't loose my curl pattern :imo:

AsTheCurlzTurns

I haven't put too much thought into it. I mean, I'm taking my hair for what it is for now. On down the line, that can change, but I won't know until I get there, but if there's a change in my pattern, then I'll still be fine with it. It's just how my hair wants to be, so I'll listen to my hair and just go with the flow.

ebzonix

I think those who have a bigger, or looser curl, the longer the hair gets, the more likely it is to just look like waves.

carib_n_curly

my curls have started doing this now my hair is busting past APL.it's only a little though it's not like i have a different hair type the curls justa bit more big nothing major it's looks almost the same

ctosha

my hair is layered and is about shoulder lenght unstretched and I can say my hair is mostly waves now with like a little curl on the ends. It wasn't like this last year but for me as it grows I find my hair is more wavy now but I don't mind I kinda like it in a way. Maybe now there will be less single strand knots, but I doubt it. My hair is very thick 4a/b I guess it just comes with being natural but no complaints from me. 15 months natural and counting.........