Texlax with no curl pattern

anniev2

All of the information I've seen about texlaxing is about how it loosens the curl pattern...however what if you don't have one. :perplexed I have c-napp and my true spiral curls are random and few.

Would it be wise for me to texlax or would it just be a frizzy mess like some say? Perhaps I'd be better off just UNDER processing a relaxer bynot leaving it on the full time or adding oil/conditioner to it or my hair. Thoughts?

prospurr4

All of the information I've seen about texlaxing is about how it loosens the curl pattern...however what if you don't have one. :perplexed I have c-napp and my true spiral curls are random and few.

Would it be wise for me to texlax or would it just be a frizzy mess like some say? Perhaps I'd be better off just UNDER processing a relaxer bynot leaving it on the full time or adding oil/conditioner to it or my hair. Thoughts?

My hair has very little curl pattern; it's mostly kinky, and I don't have a problem with frizz. Texlaxing IS intentionally underprocessing the hair.

dlewis

My hair has very little curl pattern; it's mostly kinky, and I don't have a problem with frizz. Texlaxing IS intentionally underprocessing the hair.

yep I agree.

Prospurr I haven't seen you around before, you have great hair.

Itllbeokbaby

what do you want to do with your hair? do u want a wash-n-go? do you wish to roller set, or flat iron? texlaxed hair is not for everyone. you may have to try and see if your hair thrives (grows) in that condition. try and focus on what you want for your hair. texlaxed hair will not be a frizzy mess - you can make it look presentable.

dlewis

what do you want to do with your hair? do u want a wash-n-go? do you wish to roller set, or flat iron? texlaxed hair is not for everyone. you may have to try and see if your hair thrives (grows) in that condition. try and focus on what you want for your hair. texlaxed hair will not be a frizzy mess - you can make it look presentable.

I agree we need more information. Are you relaxed bone straight now or are you texlaxed?

metro_qt

Well, are you trying to texlax for the look of it? Do you want curly hair?
or, are you texlaxing to reduce your hair's pattern so that you can straighten it more easily?

If you're looking to get curlier hair, you never know how your hair will respond unless you texturize... yes. not texlax.. get your texturizer done by a professional.

Whatever your hair's pattern is, it will be lessened, and you'll have a world of different styling options.

The worst that can happen is that you have hair that is now much more easier to straighten....

No matter what your hair's texture is, a texturizer will loosen up the pattern,

check out the pictures on that NY salon website for The owners of Miss Jessie's curl products
They're the sisters.. one of them is MIKA... i know some girls on here know what website i'm talking about...

That website shows pictures of women with all sorts of different textures ranging from 3a to 4z (lol) who got their texturizing process done

hth

Last edited:

anniev2

Well, are you trying to texlax for the look of it? Do you want curly hair?
or, are you texlaxing to reduce your hair's pattern so that you can straighten it more easily?

If you're looking to get curlier hair, you never know how your hair will respond unless you texturize... yes. not texlax.. get your texturizer done by a professional.

Whatever your hair's pattern is, it will be lessened, and you'll have a world of different styling options.

The worst that can happen is that you have hair that is now much more easier to straighten....

No matter what your hair's texture is, a texturizer will loosen up the pattern,

check out the pictures on that NY salon website for The owners of Miss Jessie's curl products
They're the sisters.. one of them is MIKA... i know some girls on here know what website i'm talking about...

That website shows pictures of women with all sorts of different textures ranging from 3a to 4z (lol) who got their texturizing process done

hth

Basically, I want it to straighten my hair easier and at the same time be able to rollerset or do some other no-heat style and not have it look frizzi.

Also, I want to be able to keep some of the texture in my hair because when I did have a bone straight relaxer my hair did not move like it did and did not have the volume/bounce like it does now when I straighten my natural hair. Its like it only went in one direction. Could be b/c i didn't know about healthy hair techniques and now I can do better with bone straight, but that's all i have to base it on now.

I am not aiming to achieve curly hair b/c I realize that I just don't have that type of curl. But I don't want bone straight and even then I don't want it in some in between stage where its like Z-shaped hair b/c from what I've read here its the Z-shaped that is frizzy and can break easier.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
JFM is the best thing I ever used on my hair. I just wish I knew how to retouch it. :ohwell: I am considering this because it takes to dang long to detangle and twist my hair and it is short. I can't imagine how long it would take if my hair were longer.:nono:

Nayna

Unbothered
I saw this lady on this forum that did the coolest thing. She did little twist in her hair and then applied the relaxer section by section. It looked really cute and she had a beautiful curl. I tried searching for u but I suck at that, lol.

anniev2

wow! that sounds very interesting. I'd be scared to do that though, with my luck those little twists would be coming out in handfuls. That sounds like a real perm that makes the hair curly.

Rain20

I think the curls only lasted until she washed her hair. I think it was lovelymissyoli or something like that.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I'm self texlaxed/texturized and prefer wash and go styles. The few times I have straightened, it was easier than straightening my natural hair.

Texlaxing will only loosen what's already there. If you don't have much of a curl pattern, expect waves or maybe a zig zag pattern.

ETA: As far as frizz goes, you won't be able to predict it. Your natural hair texture, level of relaxation, and products will all be a factor in that.

When I first texturized, I didn't have much frizz. But when I decided to loosen my texture a little more, frizz became more of an issue. Changing my styling products helped me then.

Last edited: