Lotta Body Setting Lotion without adding water

BeautifulRoots

Has anyone tried using Lotta Body Setting Lotion without adding water? What were the results?

(I am referring the the concentrated version of lotta body.)

I can never find the right ratio when I add water and end up with a set that is very flimsy and doesn't hold throughout the day. :look:

Last edited:

crlsweetie912

Naw....that would be a hard crispy mess......for me, my hair is super thick.....I usually add twice the amount of water as I do the lottabody. But I add oils and lacio. Perfection for me.....

Angelinhell

Lottabody doesn't work for me diluted with lots of water, so I most definitely wouldn't try it without water. It just seems like it's one of those setting lotions that give you helmet head no matter what.

prettybyrd

I must concur that this will create a crunchy mess out of your hair. I tried that back in my relaxed days and my hair looked a mess.

What's the ratio that you're using, maybe a LHCF stylist can chime in.

BeautifulRoots

Wow, thanks a lot for the warning ladies! I did 2 parts water, one part lottabody as the instructions stated...maybe a little more or less, just eyeballed it.

BeautifulRoots

Naw....that would be a hard crispy mess......for me, my hair is super thick.....I usually add twice the amount of water as I do the lottabody. But I add oils and lacio. Perfection for me.....

Oils and lacio...sounds like a great idea, I may try that. I'm using the lotta body for a bantu knot out.

JJamiah

I have done it back in the day, teenage years and I had a hard set.
I use it for my curlformer sets water:Lottabody 5:1 ratio and it comes out smooth, shiney set that last a week :grin:

Angela4769

Has anyone tried using Lotta Botta Setting Lotion without adding water? What were the results?

(I am referring the the concentrated version of lotta body.)

I can never find the right ratio when I add water and end up with a set that is very flimsy and doesn't hold throughout the day. :look:

Girl!!!!!!! You are about to make me pass out!!! I can't even imagine the outcome. That makes me think about "hard curls" in the 80s...spritz...curling iron...more spritz!!!! :nono::nono:

levone

I'm natural and I use undiluted lottabody (blue) when I do a curlformer set. I tried it after I saw a lady using that method on Youtube a few years ago (pour some lodybody in a bowl and apply it by brushing it through each section). It works perfectly for me...gives the perfect amount of hold for my soft hair. I do not manipulate my hair though once its set.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Lottabody makes my hair hard unless I dilute it something crazy like a 10:1 ratio. I need lots of water and minimal lottabody. I love the results when I get the ratio right but if I don't, my hair is a jacked up mess. I stopped using lottabody because of the inconsistent results when diluting it.

I now use KeraCare foam --- soft/shiny/bouncy.

jprayze

I used the Lottabody Foam Wrap as is for my last roller set and it worked perfectly, but it doesn't state to dilute anyway...

BeautifulRoots

Ok, ended up doing around a 2/1 ratio of water and lotta body with some lacio lacio mixed in. The set turned out great. Thanks for the warnings, this set was for a wedding so I would have looked crazy if I went with my original idea.