love/hate rollersetting...

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Yay, you did it! It looks great.

I know your focus was more on wet setting rather than curls, but your curls looked cute. Later on you can try larger rollers for less curl.

Admit it, you're loving it now...c'mon admit it. :grin:

douglala

When I was younger my mother made me dry rollerset my hair EVERY night before I went to bed. :eek: This went on for years until I learned the wrap. As a matter of fact, my mother STILL sets her hair nightly despite my protests....

Anyway, I am thankful now b/c I can set my hair in 15 minutes flat sitting in front of the TV, no mirror necessary.

Here are my tips. (I hope I can explain well w/o visuals)

Don't make the parts too wide or you will have hair falling out the sides of the roller. My center mohawk is no more than about 2.5 inches wide.

Part your sections in full and pin the rest of your hair up and out of the way.
I part my mohawk in full (forehead to nape) right at the start. Then I pin up my hair on the sides to get them out of the way. Once I do that putting rollers down the center mohawk is quick and easy.

I use the long bobbie pins to hold my rollers together.
For the very first roller I use a duck clip to hold it. Once I put the second roller in, I will bobbie pin the first and second roller together. Then I put the third roller in and pin the third roller to the second. So once I am done with a row all the rollers are connect together. This helps me to get them really tight and straight roots even being 5 months post relaxer.

SpiritJunkie

douglala said:
When I was younger my mother made me dry rollerset my hair EVERY night before I went to bed. :eek: This went on for years until I learned the wrap. As a matter of fact, my mother STILL sets her hair nightly despite my protests....

Anyway, I am thankful now b/c I can set my hair in 15 minutes flat sitting in front of the TV, no mirror necessary.

Here are my tips. (I hope I can explain well w/o visuals)

Don't make the parts too wide or you will have hair falling out the sides of the roller. My center mohawk is no more than about 2.5 inches wide.

Part your sections in full and pin the rest of your hair up and out of the way.
I part my mohawk in full (forehead to nape) right at the start. Then I pin up my hair on the sides to get them out of the way. Once I do that putting rollers down the center mohawk is quick and easy.

I use the long bobbie pins to hold my rollers together.
For the very first roller I use a duck clip to hold it. Once I put the second roller in, I will bobbie pin the first and second roller together. Then I put the third roller in and pin the third roller to the second. So once I am done with a row all the rollers are connect together. This helps me to get them really tight and straight roots even being 5 months post relaxer.

thanks for the tips!! i am trying my first rollerset tonight! i will let you all know how it came out

sexyaqr

I love the results of a great rollerset, I just hate doing it. But I have only recently decided to take my hair care into my own hands;) . So I still have a long way to go

rdm

You did a wonderful job. In my opinion, your rollers are very neat and you had no stray hairs hanging.