Maintaining a Rollerset

PrettyBrownEyes

There was an earlier thread asking the duration of a rollerset and I noticed that quite a few ladies included in their response that they wrapped their hair at night.

If you want to keep the curls, what do you suggest? Re-roll daily? What?

TIA

Allandra

I usually do a high ponytail if I want to keep my girls. It works for about a day SOMETIMES two for me.

Lengthwanted

I sleep with a satin bonnet and pin the curls on my sides (next to my ears) up so they won't get too flat. Seems to work for me.

PrettyBrownEyes

Thanks Allandra.

Lovly

I would like to get some information as far at the heat on the dryer.
What is the best recommended heat , if you want to have a straight rollerset?
I don't know if putting it on hot would be bad for my hair.

Allandra

Lovly,

I only use the low and medium setting on my hooded dryer. The high setting is too hot for me. If you want a straight roller set (aka wrap look), try using big rollers and then wrapping the hair afterwards. HTH.

nita4

I rollerset and airdry - no heat. I maintain my set by simply tying up with a hair net. I finger comb to maintain. Yes, my curls get flat and I fluff with my fingers for the next day or so, if that doesn't work - I will comb out my ends with a wide tooth comb and that usually brings them to life. I keep my curls for at least 4 days before I re-shampoo.

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
I usually do a high ponytail if I want to keep my girls. It works for about a day SOMETIMES two for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto. Mine last about 4 days this way. This is what I am currently doing. My high ponytail is secured between my front hairline and the crown. The curls last longer to me this way then when I wear the ponytail further back.