Make Your own Nutrient Rich Conditioner

ReesieCup

For years I have made my own bath and body products with natural ingredients purchased off the net. At a particular vendor that I buy from I noticed that they sold Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein. With further inquiry I found an online vendor that sold all of the natural nutrient rich ingredients available in all of your favorite conditioners.

Here are a few sites.

www.theherbarie.com (has all of the hair products listed in the recipe
www.essentialwholesale.com
www.snowdriftfarms.com (sells the every popular silicone based glosses)
www.chemistrystore.com

The conditioners that you currently buy only have about 2% or less of any nutritive ingredient like panthenol, silk, hydrolyzed wheat protein etc... Most of the time it contains the smallest amount just to list on the label for advertising purposes.

And here's a modification of a recipe I got from one of the sites. It contains about 10% of each nutrient.

Water 10.00 oz.
Panthenol 1.5 oz.
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein 1 oz.
Hydrolyzed Silk Protein 1.75 oz.
Guar Silk 2 Teaspoons
Ultra Maize 1 oz.
Oil(Castor,Coconut your choice) 1 oz.

This formula is very simple to make and does not require heat. A handheld mixer (the type for mixing cake batter) will work well. I’ve listed the ingredients in the order that they should be added. Add GuarSilk to distilled water (room temp), mix well and allow to hydrate for 15 minutes. Add UltraMaize, mix well and allow to hydrate for 5 minutes. Add Oils, mix well. Add remainder of ingredients and mix well. The consistency is a moderately thick emulsion and will package nicely for use with a pump or in a disc top container. I recommend using the Revitalizing Elixer just after shampooing hair, when hair is still wet. Massage into the scalp and leave on hair for at least 5 minutes, then rinse (I also use it as a leave in). This formula provides just the right amount of conditioning and moisture. For more emollient conditioning, increased ease of wet-comb, and added shine try increasing the oil. For extra dry or damaged hair, try increasing the GuarSilk.

I hope you enjoy!

ReesieCup

Not very long, about two months. Most of the time,I use it more like a daily moisture lotion for my ends and edges because they are usually so dry. The recipe works really well with Aphogee EFA Oil. Hair is silky smooth. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I still use a Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner and Aphogee Keratin Reconstructor

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
WOW..that sounds awesome..girl where have you been hiding with all this awesome stuff.. /images/graemlins/smile.gif generally how much is it to purchase all of those things?

ReesieCup

[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:
WOW..that sounds awesome..girl where have you been hiding with all this awesome stuff.. /images/graemlins/smile.gif generally how much is it to purchase all of those things?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey RushGirl:

For the vital ingredients:
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein 1 oz $6.00
Hydrolyzed Silk Protein 1 oz $6.00
dl Panthenol - Provitamin B 5 2 oz $5.50
GuarSilk (Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride) 2 oz $4.50 (use in small quantities)

The above listed ingredients can make at least 3 bottles of very potent conditioner when mixed with 10x water.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
This sounds great! Thanks for bumping :grin: I love old threads like this

baddison

natural for good
I would love it if some of you "scientists" would share your "concoctions" and recipes with us. This is a great thread!!:grin:

natieya

Alright! I'm not alone! Glad you guys are cool with me bumpin an oldie but a goodie! :grin:

I'll let you guys know what I come up with (but it may be a while...) I've been doing a bit of spending lately and it needs to calm down or nobody will get anything for Christmas, lol. :lachen:

qwnbee1

Alright! I'm not alone! Glad you guys are cool with me bumpin an oldie but a goodie! :grin:

I'll let you guys know what I come up with (but it may be a while...) I've been doing a bit of spending lately and it needs to calm down or nobody will get anything for Christmas, lol. :lachen:
how about adding saa to this?

alexei

For years I have made my own bath and body products with natural ingredients purchased off the net. At a particular vendor that I buy from I noticed that they sold Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein. With further inquiry I found an online vendor that sold all of the natural nutrient rich ingredients available in all of your favorite conditioners.

Here are a few sites.

www.theherbarie.com (has all of the hair products listed in the recipe
www.essentialwholesale.com
www.snowdriftfarms.com (sells the every popular silicone based glosses)
www.chemistrystore.com

The conditioners that you currently buy only have about 2% or less of any nutritive ingredient like panthenol, silk, hydrolyzed wheat protein etc... Most of the time it contains the smallest amount just to list on the label for advertising purposes.

And here's a modification of a recipe I got from one of the sites. It contains about 10% of each nutrient.

Water 10.00 oz.
Panthenol 1.5 oz.
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein 1 oz.
Hydrolyzed Silk Protein 1.75 oz.
Guar Silk 2 Teaspoons
Ultra Maize 1 oz.
Oil(Castor,Coconut your choice) 1 oz.

This formula is very simple to make and does not require heat. A handheld mixer (the type for mixing cake batter) will work well. I’ve listed the ingredients in the order that they should be added. Add GuarSilk to distilled water (room temp), mix well and allow to hydrate for 15 minutes. Add UltraMaize, mix well and allow to hydrate for 5 minutes. Add Oils, mix well. Add remainder of ingredients and mix well. The consistency is a moderately thick emulsion and will package nicely for use with a pump or in a disc top container. I recommend using the Revitalizing Elixer just after shampooing hair, when hair is still wet. Massage into the scalp and leave on hair for at least 5 minutes, then rinse (I also use it as a leave in). This formula provides just the right amount of conditioning and moisture. For more emollient conditioning, increased ease of wet-comb, and added shine try increasing the oil. For extra dry or damaged hair, try increasing the GuarSilk.

I hope you enjoy!

You are amazing for offering this info. Thanks. :)