Maple syrup same as honey?

Odd One

its me...aaagain :perplexed...lol

was wondering if anyone used maple syrup in their hair mixture as a replacement for honey. Is it the same? i read in someone's fotki that it was a great humectant too, only it didn't lighten the hair like honey does and THAT'S what i find interesting about it.

I don't know about Maple Syrup, but if you're worried about the lightening effects of honey, you could try using Blackstrap Molasses which has the same benefits as honey. It makes dark hair richer and it helps with breakage.

I've heard of maple syrup being used in hair care, particularly on lhc, but I never tried it myself. I've also heard of molasses being used in replacement of honey to preserve hair darkness. If it has vitamins and minerals in it it's probably good for your hair.

I never thought of using maple syrup, obviously it would use as a humectant and mayb3 one day I'll mix some in my DC :grin:

Are you talking about the real maple syrup or pancake syrup? They are 2 different things. Maple syrup has minerals and essential vitamins, whichis good but pancake syrup I don't know if I want to put that in my hair.

That is a good idea! The organic grade A maple syrup can be pricey. I think it is the same kind people use on the master cleanse because it is full of nutrients! Thanks for the idea. I will try it the next time I deep condition because, the one I have now tastes nasty on pancakes.

The organic syrup? The same type you would use for doing the master cleanse? Not Mrs Butterworth or Log Cabin? :grin:

The pure stuff. It doesn't have to be organic.

Just pure SYRUP.

Log Cabin, etc. have corn syrup, flavoring, artificial color and a horde of other things we shouldn't be eating.

As long as the label says: Maple sap or syrup and NOTHING else, you're good to go. :yep:

Back