Err... oatmeal stuck in hair?

NappyMD

Ladies, I am an idiot! :blush:

I was trying to do a caramel treatment (hope Lucky's Mom doesn't read this) but I couldn't find molasses at the store. So I decided to replace it with maple syrup :look:. Well, my mixture wasn't thick enough, and adding cornstarch didn't help. So I thought of a shake I made for DH - nice and thick - with oatmeal! And oatmeal is supposed to be good for the hair, right???

So I put the oatmeal in, blend for a long time, then apply the thicker mixture to my hair. Only thing is, I noticed there are tons of tiny little particles of oatmeal in my hair and now I'm terrified they won't come out easy. Suggestions??? :perplexed

JustKiya

:giggle:

Don't let it dry in your hair, whatever you do! :lol: And, be sure to rinse out your hair really, really well. You might have to add a little conditioner to insure rinseability, but you should be okay.

Kranbery

Don't feel too dumb. Two weeks ago I dc'ed with a mixture including apple chunks. The chunks got trapped in my curls, and there were alot of them. The mixture was actually very moisturizing and caused great clumpage, but I had to brush my hair to get the chunks out, which completely defeated the purpose. Oh well. Maybe next time you could boil the oatmeal, but don't stir the flakes and only used the oatmeal liquid that's been strained. IDK.