Mary Mary do not allow their children to watch ...

Iwanthealthyhair67

Mary Mary Singers Do Not Let Children Watch Their TV Show

Tweet

By Christine Thomasos , Christian Post Reporter
March 16, 2014|12:07 pm
Tina Campbell, one half of the gospel music singing duo Mary Mary, recently revealed why her children do not watch her show.

(Credit: REUTERS/Danny Moloshok)
Mary Mary arrive at the 54th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles Gospel duo Mary Mary arrive at the 54th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California February 12, 2012.

http://global.christianpost.com/new...-admits-to-shameful-ungospel-behavior-115758/

Campbell, 39, is married to gospel drummer Teddy Campbell, also 39, who has also worked as the percussionist for "The Tonight Show" with Jay Leno. On her WE tv reality television series "Mary Mary" Tina lets fans know that she is working on rebuilding her relationship after finding out about her husband's infidelities.

However, she is not letting her children see the process.
"I had to deal with the question like 'Why can't we watch it,'" Tina told CNikky.com's Cherise Nicole recently. "And I had to literally tell my 10-year-old, 'Well, you know that Mommy and Daddy had a lot of challenges in our relationship and our family almost broke up, and the show will show you how bad it was.'"

The singer went on to detail how she helped her oldest daughter understand why she needed to shift her focus.

"'Sometimes, it's hard to see the family that we love going through hard times,'" Tina told the blogger. "And I said, 'All we need to focus on is we made it through.'"

Erica Campbell, the Mary Mary singer who is embarking on her own solo career, told the CNikky.com blogger that she did not allow her children to watch the show either.

"I know in this day and age people think, 'Oh, they're little grownups. Tell them everything,'" Erica said. "They're children and they can't handle everything, so you have to protect them as best you can."

After first exposing the issues within her marriage in an EBONY magazine interview last year, Tina previously told talk show host Arsenio Hall that she was ashamed of how she acted after being hurt by the situation and coming out with it publicly.

"During the process, yes I did. I was like 'It's embarrassing, it's shameful.' I'm doing a bunch of stuff thats ungospel," she said on "The Arsenio Hall Show." "I wasn't nice, I wasn't nothing to be played with when it was going on. I'm just saying it was really bad for everybody that was around me."

Still, Tina explained why she acted in a way that she is not proud of.
"I was like, 'I'm hurting, I'mma hurt the world, that's how it's going down'. You don't really want to do that while the cameras are rolling, it helps to get behind bars," she admitted. "I was trying to figure out how do I manage this in the process."

MrsHaseeb

If she's putting it out for the entire world to see her children are going to see it eventually. If she wanted to shield her kids she should not have put it on TV.

BEAUTYU2U

*eye roll*

Kids talk and have their own "Underground Railroad" of communication. Their friends or classmates will probably tell them. Or when they're older and watch it, it may still be hurtful.

JaneBond007

I believe in the concept of shame. If someone acted shamefully against the family, let the children know at home and not just through a t.v. show. Shielding them against knowing what transpired is wrong, imho. You can still effectively parent despite your evils. But I believe in letting all the family know about what you've done. It puts the blame right where it belongs and makes you think twice about doing it again.

mrselle

I see where she is coming from, but the kids live in the house with them. What we see on tv is probably nothing compared to what the kids saw and overheard at home when the pain was fresh. Kids pick up on a lot. They can sense tension, they catch snide remarks, they can tell that mommy and daddy aren't as affectionate as they used to be, etc... Trust me. My parents went through a difficult time for many years. It started when I was around five years old and I knew what was going on. To this day I can pinpoint different things that happened. I was five and I knew what was going on. My point is that, her intentions are sincere, but her kids already know whats going on.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
It's that simple...

:yep:

If she's putting it out for the entire world to see her children are going to see it eventually. If she wanted to shield her kids she should not have put it on TV.

OT: I love that platinum gown! :)

sweetvi

I am still processing that her husband cheated on her for yearsss! years!!! and with a family friend? He never admitted guilt but was caught by his wife?

I would of stopped filming after that........

paradise1975

I am still processing that her husband cheated on her for yearsss! years!!! and with a family friend? He never admitted guilt but was caught by his wife?

I would of stopped filming after that........

I know and in the show previews for next week Teddy said he cheated multiple times. I want to know does he mean with the same woman or different women.

My heart goes out to Tina because while she was on the road supporting her family he was having affairs. Cheating with a family friend was wrong on so many levels!! It hurts watching them together on screen because I know this rocked Tina to her core.

She was always such a big advocate for her marriage which one should be but, she was always about Teddy and her kids and he was doing this to her. Its truly sad!

mrselle

I know and in the show previews for next week Teddy said he cheated multiple times. I want to know does he mean with the same woman or different women.

My heart goes out to Tina because while she was on the road supporting her family he was having affairs. Cheating with a family friend was wrong on so many levels!! It hurts watching them together on screen because I know this rocked Tina to her core.

She was always such a big advocate for her marriage which one should be but, she was always about Teddy and her kids and he was doing this to her. Its truly sad!

He said he had "countless affairs". Countless. That means he can't count the number of affairs he had because it was so many. I'll be quiet until next week's episode, but.... That would be a tough pill to swallow.