Maxiglide. . .Did I do something wrong?

Nikki02

Okay ladies, I finally bought my Maxiglide. I was sooo excited. I have a holiday party to attend tonight, so I thought I would use my new Maxiglide to rock some silky straight hair. To make a long story short, the Maxiglide pulled my hair out!!! I know you aren't supposed to squeeze and I didn't think I was. This was only my first time using it. I am on the verge of taking it back to the store. Has anyone else had problems "gliding"?

dlewis

I have never had a problem with it. Did you comb through the small sections before using the maxiglide on those sections?

dlewis

My hair is really curly when air dried and I'm able to use with no problem. But it took your hair out, I would return it.

I would not experiment to much with it. Also, maybe it a defect with that one. If you want to try again exchange that one.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Sorry to hear that. If you are really unhappy take it back. Did you try using the plate with no teeth?

czyfaith77

I would practice first to figure out the right way to hold and glide it through your hair. Check your setting (I use 5. It maybe another setting for you.). Did you look at the dvd. I am asking all of this because I just got mine on Saturday and I am thrilled but, you have to know what works for you. It really does work on all hair types. I have relaxed hair and I have tried it on a little girl who I would say have 4z hair :lol: with major shrinkage (and naps I might add! :lol: ) and it worked on her as if I had pressed it and it didn't get stuck. I combed through it, went over it lightly going slower toward the ends just like the video instructed. The DVD was very helpful. HTH

Nikki02

I didn't try the plate with no teeth. I was so horrified after the whole "gliding" experience, I just said screw it.:crying3:

lsw29

It sounds like you probably closed the iron completely. You should not close it all the way or it will snag your hair.

Babygurl

Nikki02 said:
I didn't try the plate with no teeth. I was so horrified after the whole "gliding" experience, I just said screw it.:crying3:

I thought I gave her pretty good instructions on the phone but I guess not...but I cant believe that it can glide through my naps and not get through hers. :lol:
I would at least keep the iron for the steam option alone and just use the flat plate. (I LOVE IT!!)

Last edited:

lawgirl02

Nikki02,

How much hair did you lose? Did you detangle properly? The hair that came out could have been shedded hair trapped among your heathy strands. This can happen to me if I don't detangle well enough.

Nikki02

lawgirl02 said:
Nikki02,

How much hair did you lose? Did you detangle properly? The hair that came out could have been shedded hair trapped among your heathy strands. This can happen to me if I don't detangle well enough.

I used sections about one inch thick and three inches wide. I combed through with a wide tooth comb. I think I just closed it too tight. But now I'm afraid to try again. But you are right, some of it was probably shed hair.

hrtbndr21

The first time I used my Maxiglide it snagged a lot on my hair too. Make sure your hair is detangeld first, I know they say you can skip that step but with our hair I think it's a must. You may even want to go over each section beofore you iron it with a fine tooth comb. My hair is 4a with a lot of shrinkage if I make sure my hair is detangled the Maxiglide is great gets all the way down to the roots. I'm about 7 months post relaxer trying to transition. I just takes practice. :yep: