Maxiglide vs. CHI

PinkAngel

Hi Ladies,

Any of you used a maxiglide and a CHI?

If so which is better and why? Also, list your hair type and whether you are natural or relaxed.

I just purchased a CHI and I really like it alot. But, after reading so many rave reviews regarding the maxiglide, I'm tempted to return my CHI and purchase a maxiglide.

Eiano

I love my maxiglide.

I'm natural, and flat irons..... pshh, my hair laughs at them. All they do is flaten out the poof instead of actually getting it straight. With the teeth of the maxi glide it really does arrange it and straighten it like it says it does.

Truth: it's the difference between straightening with the flat plates and acheiving shoulder length and straightening with the teeth of the maxiglide and being at brastrap length with smooth silky hair I can run my fingers through. That's the difference for me.

Divine Inspiration

Please forgive me for being totally OT, but msshic, there is a thread in the OT section of the forum for SoCal ladies who want to participate in a meet & greet. Just a heads up in case you were interested.

I'm anxious to find out how the CHI and Maxiglide compare myself. The natural ladies seem to have a tremendous amount of success with it so it's probably a great tool for transitioning. :::making a mental note::: However, I have read a lot of raves about the Chi turbo as well so who knows? This thread should shed some light on this!

hairmaster

The CHI original is a better iron then the new ones, also smaller and easer to use than the Maxi glide. I could not see trying to use the maxi on my own head, it is heavy and bigger than the chi.