Maybe wigs aren't for me (j/k)...Letting my natural hair shine (1 pic included)

Distorted Barbie

Over the past 2 days, I have gotten at least 10 comlpliment on my hair. Everyone has been coming up to me like, what did you do to your hair? I like, "I washed it!!!??!?!?!?!" A girl even stopped me at Target to tell me that she loved my hair. I looked like :look: I reflexedly (word?) told her that her hair was nice too (she had a DRY twa).She responded :lachen: Needless to say, I should have referred her to LCHF :ohwell:

I think that I have gotten so ATTACHED to wigs that I have not taken the time to enjoy my natural hair :nono: Maybe I should take a month and wear WNGs. :grin: After that I will be wearing my new MIMI Wig (lace version of the elusive mommy wig), which is HAWT for the summer... I have attached a pic of my hair today and a pic of halle berry with a hairstyle similar to the MIMI

Attachments

• meeee.jpg
    meeee.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 164
  • mommy wiggish.jpg
    mommy wiggish.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 110

Ms.Christ3n

You should enjoy your natural hair. It is very pretty! Your lace wig looks just like Halle's hair???? That's a cute hairstyle!

nique3

Oh honey it's going to get to a point where you are going to miss your natural hair after you wear it out for awhile than start wearing wigs again.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Girl enjoy the compliments :) and your wig looks like Halle's short cut? that must be super cute on you!

straightlovely

Ok...the world is TOO small. lol. I'm almost positive I'm the girl that told you I loved your hair at target! :lachen: My hair normally looks better than that lol. I told you it was a hot mess that day!

Hairsofab

I'm a major wig wearer but I love wearing my natural hair too. I understand where you are coming from.

tailormade84

Ok...the world is TOO small. lol. I'm almost positive I'm the girl that told you I loved your hair at target! :lachen: My hair normally looks better than that lol. I told you it was a hot mess that day!

i was just thinking "it would be uncanny if you(the target girl) were already on LHCF!!!"

ya'll be careful with these stories now :look: more ladies are up on LHCF than u think!!! lol

straightlovely

i was just thinking "it would be uncanny if you(the target girl) were already on LHCF!!!"

ya'll be careful with these stories now :look: more ladies are up on LHCF than u think!!! lol

lol...so true. good thing I'm not easily offended. :) I knew I was a hot mess that day! It was a long one for me! :lachen::lachen:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Your wash-n-go style is BEAUTIFUL! Seriously! Lovely texture. Don't cover it up with that gold finger wave wig. You don't need it.

GreenD

LOL, I know exactly what you mean, but I'm just lazy!!! Maybe next summer when my hair is longer I'll just put it in a wash n' go ponytail/bun and call it a day. However, I do feel like I'll be overwhelmed and not have my styling game down since I've been wigging it, but oh well!!

Distorted Barbie

Oh honey it's going to get to a point where you are going to miss your natural hair after you wear it out for awhile than start wearing wigs again.

It's already getting there....I just get bored with styles VERY easily :ohwell:... I used to wear wigs for like a month. Then it moved to 2 weeks in wigs, and 2 weeks out of weeks. Now, I'm in one for like 3 days, and start to miss my curly whirlies :yep:

Distorted Barbie

Girl IT WAS U!!!!! :hiya: SORRY hun!!!!!:blush::look: TRUST me, I have a LOT of those days, which is why i hunt ppl down to cornrow my hair (i don't know how :ohwell:) so that i can wear wigs. Your bone structure is FIERCE though, so ur face does carry a short cut WELL:grin: U shoulda asked me if i was Niko's cuzzin lol:yep:

Distorted Barbie

Your wash-n-go style is BEAUTIFUL! Seriously! Lovely texture. Don't cover it up with that gold finger wave wig. You don't need it.

Thanks for the compliment :grin:...Mine doesn't look like that, though... I have two...I dyed the first one brown, so most of the curl fell out and it came out like the pic below. ..I'm going to pluck the second one out to wear like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29CXEFKNUnQ ....She HOOKED it UP!!!

Attachments

• mommy wig janet coll.jpg
    mommy wig janet coll.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 20

lilsparkle825

wow, a mini reunion. i love it!

see, this is why i'm failing my HYH -- i loooove wearing my curls out. chrisette michelle doing that feature on #kinkyhairday today on her twitter didn't help my efforts to hide it, either! i HAVE to do braids or twists, otherwise my hair is too accessible and i will cowash the heck out of it (like i've been doing the past two weeks). not to mention i was just looking at the "tammy" wig on hairsisters....i've been wanting that thing for a while, even though i can never wear a wig more than a few days! just wear your hair till you feel like putting it away, then try to challenge yourself to hide your hair...'tis my advice.

Distorted Barbie

wow, a mini reunion. i love it!

see, this is why i'm failing my HYH -- i loooove wearing my curls out. chrisette michelle doing that feature on #kinkyhairday today on her twitter didn't help my efforts to hide it, either! i HAVE to do braids or twists, otherwise my hair is too accessible and i will cowash the heck out of it (like i've been doing the past two weeks). not to mention i was just looking at the "tammy" wig on hairsisters....i've been wanting that thing for a while, even though i can never wear a wig more than a few days! just wear your hair till you feel like putting it away, then try to challenge yourself to hide your hair...'tis my advice.

GIRL GET THE TAMMY....She's MY FAV!!!! U won't regret (pic below)...Oops, I'm supposed to be "pushing coils" and I'm pushing wigs...:nono: lol

Attachments

• DSCN0026.jpg
    DSCN0026.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 22

straightlovely

Girl IT WAS U!!!!! :hiya: SORRY hun!!!!!:blush::look: TRUST me, I have a LOT of those days, which is why i hunt ppl down to cornrow my hair (i don't know how :ohwell:) so that i can wear wigs. Your bone structure is FIERCE though, so ur face does carry a short cut WELL:grin: U shoulda asked me if i was Niko's cuzzin lol:yep:

Thank you! And I sooooo thought about asking but I was nervous to lol!!! I had a feeling though. :yep: