Me and my 2 daughter's natural hair!!

Re: Me and my 2 daughter\'s natural hair!!

you all have such beautiful hair!!! I love Elasta's Feels likeSilk too!!
BTW what is your hair type? (if you don't mind)

[ QUOTE ]
ccd said:
you all have such beautiful hair!!! I love Elasta's Feels likeSilk too!!
BTW what is your hair type? (if you don't mind)

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't mind at all. I'm 4A/the front is 4b-ish, it has a looser curl almost wave, doesn't really want to curl much at all. Sometimes the two textures are a pain. I've tried to do twists and it doesn't look to hot. Braidouts are okay, but I'm going to wait until next winter to do that more when it's too cold to do the washing everyday, plus I'm hoping to have a couple more inches of hair (6 1/2" presently). Thanks for asking!!

you and your curls are REALLY Inspirational!!! gorgeous just gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing

Wow, lovely hair! What is a "wash n go" ? How is your daughter transitioning? What made her decide to transition?

Wash n' go (my definition) I condition wash in the shower and fingercomb my hair, after I rinse the conditioner out I add hair gel to soaking wet hair (elasta qp feels like silk) shake head a few times from side to side to loosen the curls(and get rid of excess water), and let it air dry, that's it!!!

My daughter has been transitioning for 1 1/2yrs. I relaxed her hair twice in her life 2 years ago and it immediately started breaking off. I told her that her hair didn't do well with relaxers so I told her we'd have to transition with micro braids (done with her own hair no extentions) until her perm grew out. So it was more my decision, than hers, but she supported me because she saw how much her hair was being damaged by relaxers. She has about 3-4" of permed ends left. So after another year she'll probably be 100% natural, again.

Wow. That's great. If I had that much hair, I would be to scared to get micros cuz I would think my hair would get all tangled and break off! But wow, that's great! I wish my mom had never put relaxer on my hair :-( . If I ever get married and have kids, my girls won't have to worry about me permanently changing their texture.

I may wanna try that wash n go thing....of course, whenever i try to actually style my hair, it dont never look right! but i can try!

[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
HC - you and both your daughters have absolutely GORGEOUS heads of hair!
smile.gif
What a beautiful family!

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA!!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
HC - you and both your daughters have absolutely GORGEOUS heads of hair!
smile.gif
What a beautiful family!

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA!!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

Back