Mega churches finances investigated

Ahngele

I don't know if this has already been posted, if it has...I'm sorry. This Iowa senator has me kind of questioning the financial 'goings on' of these particular ministries. I"m very anxious about the outcome of the investigations. What do you all think??

Senate Inquiry Targets Creflo Dollar, Bishop Eddie Long Ministries

Last Edited: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2007, 6:55 PM EST
Created: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2007, 3:18 PM EST

Creflo Dollar and Bishop Eddie Long SideBar

Related Items
Pictures

Stories
Letters, Websites of Ministries Under Investigation
Senator Grassley's Website
Statement from New Birth

Videos

Links
U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley's Letter to Creflo Dollar
U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley's Letter to Creflo Dollar

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Republican Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa said Tuesday he has launched an investigation into alleged financial wrongdoing involving six well-known televangelists -- including Georgia's Bishop Eddie Long and Creflo Dollar.

Grassley, on the Senate Finance Committee, sent letters to six Christian media ministries this week requesting information about their expenses, executive compensation and amenities given to executives.

Among them are Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Lithonia and Creflo Dollar Ministries of College Park.

A spokesperson for Bishop Eddie Long issued a statement. "Bishop Long has received a request for information from the United States Senate. He plans to fully comply. New Birth has several safeguard in place to ensure all transactions are in compliance with laws applicable to churches."

Grassley said he is following up on complaints from the public and news coverage. He said the allegations involve governing boards that aren't independent and allow generous salaries and housing allowances and amenities such as private jets and Rolls Royces.

Also named by Grassley as targets of the investigation are Paula White Ministries of Tampa, Florida; Benny Hinn Ministries of Grapevine, Texas; Joyce Meyer Ministries of Fenton, Missouri; and Kenneth Copeland Ministries of Newark, Texas.

janiebaby

I'm very happy that these investigations are taking place. I'm taking the stance that everyone is innocent until proven guilty we'll see what the outcome will be.

AmyInAtl

I thought Creflo Dollars church having or being worth 69 million was surprising. I guess tv ministries are not fledgeling, like one would think.

I would think Paula White rakes in more than Creflo, and Joyce Meyer:heart2: (who I love, and wouldn't care if she grossed a billion), is the highest money maker.

Joyce does advertise alot, about where her money is spent.

However, seeing a total financial accounting, would be good for all.

Even better, if we see they are spending the monies, in the way of the LORD.