Megatek didn't work me. Am i the only one?

summerof1990

Megatek i guess i was the unlucky one out the bunch. But my hair hated megatek. I notice that I was the only one who didn't mix my megatek with anything and I applied it directly on my scalp plus it gave me a major headache.

I don't think I used it for month. Anyways did megatek NOT work for you too? Should i have mixed it with castor oil?

hothair

I seem to repeat myself in these threads:look: Megatek didn't grow my hair faster but definitely thickened it, I found it more effective when I added rose water and an oil -can't remember which one, I still use it once or twice a week cause my fine hair needs all the help it can get.

Shadiyah

Megatek i guess i was the unlucky one out the bunch. But my hair hated megatek. I notice that I was the only one who didn't mix my megatek with anything and I applied it directly on my scalp plus it gave me a major headache.

I don't think I used it for month. Anyways did megatek NOT work for you too? Should i have mixed it with castor oil?

it didn't work for me either because my hair don't like protien and it was too much for my hair. I used it straight also everynight. I still have a new bottle and the shampoo. :sad:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I seem to repeat myself in these threads:look: Megatek didn't grow my hair faster but definitely thickened it, I found it more effective when I added rose water and an oil -can't remember which one, I still use it once or twice a week cause my fine hair needs all the help it can get.

Same here.

hothair
Why did you apply it without mixing it with other items like oil and aloe vera?

MT is not a miracle product, it is concentrated keratin tho. I found it helpful with a few thinning spots when I used it with a few drops of sulfur oil. HOWEVER, for me, it has worked best as protein treatment (I mix with wheat germ oil) then sit under a dryer for 15-20 minutes. It has clearly thickened up my strands. If you read the old OCT/MT challenge threads, many people had similar experiences with MT. Some felt that OCT did better with improving their length - but I can't speak on this as I haven't used OCT.

I got the best compliment recently - a shop employee had to examine my hair for the store's products. She told me my hair texture was medium to coarse. This was clearly a compliment for me as my hair had been thin-fine for a LONG time after relaxer and weave abuse.

hothair

Same here.

@hothair
Why did you apply it without mixing it with other items like oil and aloe vera?

I did mix it, I actually went through various mixes after trying it by itself. Like I said it thickened my hair but I got faster growth with MTG and MN.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I did mix it, I actually went through various mixes after trying it by itself. Like I said it thickened my hair but I got faster growth with MTG and MN.

I am sorry I mentioned you instead of the OP, summerof1990 since she was the one that did not mix it. That question should have been directed to her.

Sorry about that.

wednesday

Topical growth aids have done nothing for me :-( I'm just making sure i drink lots of water and take vitamins. That's the only time i see a difference.

coyacoy

nope, you're not alone - did nothing for me either....with that said, though, i didn't mix mine either...hmmmm...maybe i'll give it another try :ohwell:

nickpoopie

I've only been using it for about a week and a half now and I think it's too soon to see any significant changes. I do however, mix mine with Carol's Daughter Hair Elixir because it contains essential oils along with sweet almond oil and peppermint oil. When I apply the mixture to my scalp I get this tingling sensation so I know that it's doing something. I'll give it another two weeks and see what my growth is looking like because I'm only using it to thicken my crown area.