Mesh Rollers & Roller Pins

MadisonK

These are the rollers that i use now. I have the soft mesh rollers too...they don't compare to these. When i use the hard mesh rollers, my roots are STRAIGHT...even straighter than when i use the magnetic rollers w/duckbill clips. And I'm pretty good at doing rollersets.

So, of all the rollers I have...and i have them all...the hard mesh roller gives me the straightest roots...no flat ironing needed. And the rest of my hair is straight too. It doesn't leave a crinkly pattern on my hair. And my hair dries faster too.

I would love the hard plastic mesh in a larger size! Does anyone know where I could find them? Thanks!

healthytext

I figured I'd ask here about any updates in the search for mesh rollers larger than 2". Reading previous threads makes it seem like these are as elusive as the Loch Ness Monster. I've e-mailed Burmax, Diane/FROMM and Annie about larger sizes but haven't heard back yet.

momi

I found the red hard mesh rollers at my local BSS in Atlanta...

I have to go back tmw to get another pack - I would be willing to purchase some for someone if they would like....

These dont have a size on the package, but I am guessing the size is about 1 1/2 to 2 inches....

MJ

Hi Ladies,

I realized last week that you can use slip-in clips instead of pins with mesh rollers. Here's the post I made in another thread. Hope the info helps.

I wish I could I join this challenge, but I can't because I'm doing the wig challenge.

However, I have a tip for you ladies. I rollerset my friend's relaxed hair this weekend and tried the idea below for the first time and it works. (I didn't remember to take pictures until after I'd removed the rollers. Next time I will.)

The tip: When using mesh rollers, use slip-in hair clips instead of the pins, which can be difficult to master. (Slip-in clips are the metals clips you usually use with magnetic rollers, see image.)

Note: Mesh rollers are great because the hair dries faster. It's important that the "mesh" is good quality. Sally's sells the best mesh rollers (IMO). They are covered with a stiff plastic-like material. The mesh rollers that I saw in the BSS were covered with a thread-like mesh that wasn't firm enough to keep the hair flat and smooth.

dcprdiva

I'm bumping this one back up for more responses.

As I type, I am sitting under the dryer with the HARD MESH ROLLERS WITH PINS. I'm pretty experienced at rollersetting so it was easy to set my hair. I tried a suggestion I found here about if you roll under - put in the pin in the opposite direction - makes it really secure. I will let you know how my hair turns out.

I decided to try to mesh rollers because I was tired of sitting under the dryer and my hair taking forever to dry with the magnetic rollers.

My camera is broken so no pics - sorry! I'll update my results later!

morehairplease

I'm bumping this one back up for more responses.

As I type, I am sitting under the dryer with the HARD MESH ROLLERS WITH PINS. I'm pretty experienced at rollersetting so it was easy to set my hair. I tried a suggestion I found here about if you roll under - put in the pin in the opposite direction - makes it really secure. I will let you know how my hair turns out.

I decided to try to mesh rollers because I was tired of sitting under the dryer and my hair taking forever to dry with the magnetic rollers.

My camera is broken so no pics - sorry! I'll update my results later!
Can't wait to see pics!

momi

Yeah - mesh rollers are the truth. I will try the clips next time, I really dont like dealing with the pins.

I used alter ego treatment for a dc and set with a small amount of salerm21 leave in and water. I cannot believe how bouncy and soft my hair is. Unfortunately I dont have pics, I may take some after church tmw.

Would like to know which product is responsible for the bounciness... the salerm or alter ego.

apinkdiva

I recently discovered the best mesh rollers. One of stylist's is from Ethiopia and ordered them for her salon. The work better than any mesh rollers that I used in the past. I have been searching for them online to no avail....I am going to ask her to order some for me. When I get them I will post the info.

In the mean time if anyone reading this post and is familiar with the rollers please chime in. I believe the proper name is concave tension rollers.

Hey Sunshine did you ever find out what type of rollers they were?