Miconazole Nitrate - 4% or 2% did you see a difference?

Indigo's Hair said:
I got mine from Rite Aid. It is their generic brand. The box says Miconazole 3 on it. It was a lot cheaper than Monistat.

Oh, I DID see this! I ordered 2% from eBay. But I did see the Miconazole 3 at Rite Aid. Was it in the vag cream or the foot funk aisle? :lol:

Indigo's Hair said:
MN is awesome:) :) :) !!! I use 4% and over a 3 week period, I got 1.5 inches in growth. When I used the Monistat brand, I was getting headaches but with the Rite Aid generic brand I haven't had any problems with headaches.

DAYYYYUUUMMMM!:D

Grow, Indigo, Grow!!!

That 4% is the TRUTH!!!

But it is so dang hard to find!

Imma hit-up the Rite-Aid when I get stateside & stock up before returning.

I have not used MN this 13 week relaxer cycle & I can tell a BIG difference in my growth- only 1 inch of growth (DAYUM!!!)

So it's back to MN 4 weeks into the next relaxer cycle.

***Hello, my name is Tracey & I'm an MN'er***

Indigo's Hair said:
I mixed about 3oz of ORS Carrot Oil, 3 tubes/applicators of MN, a few drops of Rosemary and a couple tablespoons of glycerin together. After mixing, it was still creamy like the ORS Carrot oil. I just massage a little throughout my braids/cornrows in the evening. I also spray my hair with a mixture of CFCG (or whatever braid spray I have available), Infusium 23, glycerin and water every night and day to ensure that it doesn't dry out. HTH.

Thanks' Indigo I'll try your mix/recipe. I took a look at the box and went :ohwell: hummmm should I just start putting it on my scalp. I had to hide it because my SO is a nosey something. I put the box in the medicine cabinet, got in the bed, posted on LHCF, thought about it again and quickly removed the box from the medicine cabinet because I didn't want him to think there was a "problem". :grin: Thanks!!! :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
OrangeMoon said:
Vag cream aisle. I picked up the box and ran to the pharmacy register in the back of the store because, I didn't want to go to the main register with the box. :lol:

Here's a link so that you can see what the box looks like:

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Over-the-Counter_Medicine-Rite_Aid_Miconazole_3_Combination_Pack

Yeah, I have to keep it on the DL myself. So, I immediately put my mix together in a container and throw everything away. I then take the trash out, so it won't be in the house....period:lol: :lol: :lol: !

Indigo's Hair said:
Yeah, I have to keep it on the DL myself. So, I immediately put my mix together in a container and throw everything away. I then take the trash out, so it won't be in the house....period:lol: :lol: :lol: !

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I have one last question: Are ya'll using any other topical growth aid? I love Boundless Tresses (thanks, Natural Lady :kiss:) and want to keep using that. Do you guys switch up between MN concoction and other growth aids?

Thanks! :kiss:

Indigo's Hair said:
I use my MN mixture in the evening and BT in the morning. So, I am using two growth aids almost on a daily basis.

Do you experience any dryness? I have to be careful with the BT because it can and does dry out my NG. Are you using anything to keep your hair moisturized?

Thanks again!

Serenity_Peace said:
Do you experience any dryness? I have to be careful with the BT because it can and does dry out my NG. Are you using anything to keep your hair moisturized?

Thanks again!

I was afraid of dryness before I started so I tried to address that issue before it became a problem. I am cornrows/braid extensions right now so I spray my hair twice a day with a CFCG (or other braid spray), infusium 23, glycerin and water mixture. That seems to work in keeping my hair moisturized for now.

Hi everyone!
I've been inactive for some time but I have my observations from my attempts using the Miconazole Nitrate mixed with the oil I make.

I just realized how long this is so I came back to add this in - just divide the number of words/paragraphs by four months (since I've been inactive for about that long) and it won't seem so bad.

At the time I was using Miconazole Nitrate powder I also decided to use L'anza Ultimate Treatment once a week (the 5-step one), and I think the Miconazole Nitrate powder did not react well with this regimen. I had what looked like a lot of growth, but it also broke a lot which defeated the purpose for me. However without the Miconazole Nitratrate and using either L'anza treatments alone (or with my cream) my hair breakage literally stopped in it's tracks - I had been abusing relaxer e.g. relaxing four times in one day. I am going to post a different thread on L'anza and why I love it.

I am not sure if it was the Miconazole Nitrate alone or if it was Miconazole Nitrate with Lanza that caused problems - but breakage was instant after I applied the Miconazole Nitrate with my cream. I seemed to get some faster growth but not dramatically enough to make up for the breakage. I mentioned I was mixing Miconazole Nitrate with this cream I make. Using this cream with L'anza did not cause breakage, in fact my hair felt smoother, but when I brought in Miconazole Nitrate powder in the mix, my hair would start to break instantly, and when I washed it off and did the treatment again the difference was immediate - I evaluated based on hairs that were coming out on the comb - with L'anza alone or L'anza and my cream alone, I could count 3 or 4 hairs and nothing coming out with the full root - very little roundness at the bulb so you know the hair probably needed to come out anyway. With Miconazole, more hair came out, and a few had rounder bulbs which to me suggested viable hairs came out, but there was also a lot of hair without bulbs which suggested breakage and these were "good" hairs without split ends.

There was what seemed to be faster growth but the breakage that came with that was alarming. For instance when I was using the Miconazole Nitrate powder - I got an inch and a half of packed growth - I am African with that hair that is the tightest kink a human could have - it straightened out to about 2 and half inches in length, but I had to cut off everything that I had before the growth because most of it had fallen off. So although it grew fast it was the same length I had started off with. I was using the 5mg of Miconazole Nitrate powder in four oz of my cream.

A few weeks ago, I forgot what had happened with the Miconazole Nitrate and after washing my hair using the treatment, my scalp felt dry so I used the Miconazole Nitrate Mixture with my cream - the hair felt great, but it came out on my comb. I washed my hair and did the L'anza treatment again and there were like two hairs on my comb, then I applied my cream (my scalp feels dry in winter) and lost two more hairs, but that was it - an immediate reaction. I threw out the mixture I had made of Miconazole Nitrate powder with my cream, perhaps it would have worked without L'anza, but L'anza is so good at stopping breakage that I would not give it up. The good thing with this experiment is that the results were pretty instantaenous - like there would immediately be much more hair or much less hair on my comb.

I have had two relaxes since I began the experiment. For one I waited three months and for the second I waited four months - basically till the growth became unbearable both times. It took three months with Miconazole Nitrate powder and four months without to get the same amount of growth, but I gained more length without it - even after trimming than I did with it.

I would strongly discourage using Miconazole Nitrate powder if you are using L'anza. But if you are using something else where the combination doesn't cause breakage it would be worth a try - you will be able to tell pretty much the first time you run your comb through your hair after applying it and if you don't have more breakage in a week than you would get with whatever other products you're using then, it might be worth pursuing for the growth. For me the additional growth with L'anza at 3 months, lapped the growth without at maybe half an inch or so, which to me was not worth the breakage. The good thing is that even if you want to experiement, this experiment will not take long, and when you wash the Miconazole Nitrate powder off, the effect is reduced. I would say even if you are going to experiment, please don't use more powder than 5mg in 4 ounces. But based on my experience, I don't recommend it, I would recommend dealing with the issue from the angle of stopping breakage, for which I cannot recommend L'anza more highly.

Last edited:
ManiiSweetheart said:
Bumping for more 4% Results ??

I used 4% from Aug/ sept 2012 here are my results. I have used it straight but mostly mixed with Mega-tek and JBCO and vatika oil. My hair is bumped in pics but its retained length and increased thickness. The left is before MN and the right is after like last week. I been posting this pic a lot... I'm new to posting

image-1505024145.jpg

Back