micro question

shetara20

hello ladies!!! i got my micros done on august 18th. I was wondering when should I take these bad boys out?? I go to the gym basically everyday and wash and keep them moiturized but i dont want them to come out! When should I plan to take these micros out any suggestions????

OK, my answer might not be the one you want to hear, but I know from experience that the only thing that has helped me keep my hair in spite of all the years I've worn braids 24/7, is making it a mission not to let any braid dangle loosely at the base, particularly along the perimeter of your hair. Now that's not something easy to follow if you are not doing your own braids, because it may mean getting them redone every week. But that's the best advice I can give you.

The next best advice I can give you, if you aren't able to keep re-touching your braids to keep them neat and firm at the base, is to follow the braid regimen on www.growafrohairlong.com Now I don't know what you mean by micros--since the word means different things to different people--but Robin doesn't encourage wearing very small braids, and so if you didn't follow that piece of advice, I'd say get them redone as soon as you can afford to, and then follow Robin's directions to a T, and you'll have less chance of experiencing damage.

Anyone who's worn extension braids for long and is happy with them will tell you that how long one can keep them really depends on the person: how long the hair grows, how well they were done (if carelessly done they'll come out anyway), how bad they look (you wouldn't keep a messy head just to keep it), how you feel (if they're too tight and hurt, they must come out ASAP, or if you're getting headaches).... The list is endless. Anyone new to extension braids should not follow any other regimen but Robin's Crown and Glory, IMO.

I am totally against micro braids. I had them back in 2006 while I was trying to transition and when I took them out I lost so much hair that I decided to BC. It may have been something I did wrong, IDK.

Good luck to you whatever you decide to do.

I used to get braids all of the time. I would have them taken out at 8 weeks. 10 weeks at the max.

if and only if you take care of them as directed, I say no more than 3 months.
But keeping them in this long means work: securing them when you sleep, extra care when you wash them as well... good luck

Back