Mini-Chop

charmtreese

This year was suppose to be my growing year, but last night the scissors kept calling me. I ended up cutting about 3 inches off of my hair. I've been experience knotting more so than normal on wash days, and last night was the final straw. I'm 16 weeks post and I'm pretty use to stretching so I knew it was my ends that were causing the problem. Last saturday I did a light dusting, but obviously that wasn't enough. So now my once spacey APL hair is now a full CBL.

I'm truely considering transitioning, however I prefer to wear my hair straight so, I'm still weighing the pro's and con's!:spinning:

I will post pic's once I get from under the dryer!

charmtreese

Here are the pic's from my mini-chop. I forgot to take a before pic:look: More pic's are in my fotki

Attachments

• 101_0146.jpg
    101_0146.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 101_0155.jpg
    101_0155.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 24
  • 101_0138.jpg
    101_0138.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 101_0151.jpg
    101_0151.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 31

msa

Beautiful hair!

I have a question. Since you're already 16 weeks post there's a lot of shrinkage going on I'm sure. If you relax and your hair ends up uneven (because of the varying shrinkage and then cutting) will you cut again to even it out?

charmtreese

Beautiful hair!

I have a question. Since you're already 16 weeks post there's a lot of shrinkage going on I'm sure. If you relax and your hair ends up uneven (because of the varying shrinkage and then cutting) will you cut again to even it out?

Thank you!

I cut my hair wet mostly out of frustration. after it dried I flat ironed the roots and it was pretty even, I only needed to do a few snips here and there to make it completely even. When I relax, I think it will be even enough for me. I don't want to trim again anytime soon.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Oooooh, very pretty! Your ends look so thick and lush!

soulie

Your hair looks beautiful before and after the lil' chop! I've been considering doing the same thing to get rid of my layers and to see thick ends. Thanks for posting, so I can see successful results!