Mini mini chop Transitioning with Box Braids *PICS*

dede1129

Hey Ladies! I am 4 months post relaxer and have made the decision to go natural. I was initially just going to stretch with my box braids but as I started taking them out I noticed I loved my curls :) Now I live in Hawaii where humidity is the norm which is why I got my braids because they are low maintenance and I can stop manipulating my hair. Now here is my question...I will be here for 2 more beautiful years! I will be staying in braids or twist because I work out 6 days a week and braids fit my lifestyle, that being said, should I chop now before I get my twist in or keep my relaxed hair while in my braids? Either way I won't be messing with my hair for 2 years minus my washing and cowashing while in the braids.

Here are some pics...can you identify my curl pattern? Look familiar to any of you?

Attachments

• image-455573456.jpg
    image-455573456.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 186
  • image-3284157862.jpg
    image-3284157862.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 159
  • image-3351168705.jpg
    image-3351168705.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 134
  • image-278706654.jpg
    image-278706654.jpg
    429.8 KB · Views: 144
  • image-3613214000.jpg
    image-3613214000.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 121

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
In the first pic it looks like it could be 3c. I say go ahead and chop! You will be wearing box braids anyway, and this way you don't have to worry about breakage at the line of demarcation and stuff like that lol. Sounds a lot simpler to me. Good luck with whatever you decide!

sweetome1

I am also transitioning in box braids (actually marley twist). I am 40 weeks post and decided that I will keep my relaxed ends while in the twists. My reasoning is that they act as insurance just in case I do get some breakage/split ends, it will happen on my unloved relaxed ends haha instead of my natural hair.

krissyhair

I see fine haired 4a. Your natural hair will be lovely.

I'm just gonna warn about wearing braids back to back over the next 2 years. it may be a good protective style. But you might not ever get the chance to learn about your hair. While it's short and newly natural, you wanna spend some time with it.

dede1129

I see fine haired 4a. Your natural hair will be lovely.

I'm just gonna warn about wearing braids back to back over the next 2 years. it may be a good protective style. But you might not ever get the chance to learn about your hair. While it's short and newly natural, you wanna spend some time with it.

That makes since...maybe I should take breaks in between braids.

beauti

i think you should chop. Just make sure you leave your hair alone at least two weeks in between rebraiding your hair. If you take great care of it you will be amazed at the length you retain each take down.