Misinformation about Silk Scarves

prospurr4

I went to a Joanne's Fabric and they did not have 100% silk material!!!
I'd call before going...

A while back, I called my local Joann's, and they have 100% Dupioni silk for about $15/yard. I just never went over there to get it. I plan to get some this weekend, using their 40% coupon.

JustKiya

Hancock Fabrics Online is having a sale - Dupioni silk for 11.19 a yard, and FREE SHIPPING this weekend ONLY with code EFSBMW for orders over 50 bucks.
1 yard would give you a 36 x 44 inch silk scarf. If you get - say four scarfs, and some hem tape, you should be good to go.

Their regular price is 15 something..... so that's still pretty good...
:)

Evalina1

I recently saw a post about silk scarves being on sale at Old Navy. The price was too good to be true so I broke my neck getting over there yesterday. I was dissapointed that they made out of Polyester (based on the label).

I just want to let you guys know that a real 100% silk scarf is very
different from a plain ol' shiny scarf. 100% silk scarves allow your hair to BREATHE underneath. Both are good for smoothing hair but the 100% scarf is better if you are going to walk around with one on your head all day or sleep in it.

That is why silk scarves are a bit more expensive. Make sure you look at the label to see what it is made of. If it's not 100% silk, you know what you are really getting.
I was in Old Navy and seen silk and scarves and polyester scarves....Recently...the silk scarves was a bit more but it said 100% silk

lilsparkle825

:look: You can usually get a yard of silk from the fabric store for 10-15 bucks (less if you catch it on sale). That's at least 36 X 45, and might be 36 X 60 -both of which are more than big enough for a scarf. Some hem tape, an iron, and 20 minutes of your time - voila! 100% silk Scarf. ;)
i did this at joann and i acted like i had never been in a fabric store to the girl - she gave me a 50% discount when i said "i only need it for a head scarf and it's $8?!"

:grin:

Lady Esquire

:look: You can usually get a yard of silk from the fabric store for 10-15 bucks (less if you catch it on sale). That's at least 36 X 45, and might be 36 X 60 -both of which are more than big enough for a scarf. Some hem tape, an iron, and 20 minutes of your time - voila! 100% silk Scarf. ;)

Now that is the bomb tip right there!