MixedChicks.net Products

crazydaze911

hey - im transitioning too! woo hoo

ok - back to business. someone started a thread on this recently - i think they had some free samples and wanted some opinions, but who knows where that thread went :spinning:

the only thing i tried from mixedchicks is the deep condioner. It says deep conditioner on the container but tells you to apply and rinse right out (instead of leave in) - that was confusing. But anyways, I use it for my CWs. IT SMELLS GREAT!!!!! LOVE THAT SMELL. I usually buy expensive or natural shampoos like aveda which smell like grass to me (lol), but i wanted to splurge on something that smelled girlie just for my weekly CWs - so this was my choice.

It works pretty good, or pretty regular i would say - nothing too mindblowing but good enough and the SMELL, oh the SMELL :grin:

I went the store recently to look at the shampoo. i read the ingredients :nono: - oh heck no! i would not buy it! the ingredients are really cheap. whenever i see Ammonium luarel sulfate rather than sodium laurel or sodium lureth sulfate, i know its CHEAP and harsh to the hair.

BTW - if you go to the site you'll see its run by 2 women and been in business about 2 years, so if ur into supporting female entrepenuers (cant spell), then go for it!

HTH

crazydaze911

oh sorry - i have tried miss jessies products but i've never seen a miss jessies shampoo or conditioner or liquid leave in (thats basically all mixed chicks offers) so there really is no comparison.

Sunshine_One

Has anyone tried these products and if so, do you like them? Is it comparable to Miss Jessie's products? Thanks!

http://www.mixedchicks.net/curlyhairproducts.html

I tried out samples of the poo, conditioner and leave-in I received from the company earlier this year. They were OK. I actually like the shampoo and the condish better than the leave-in. I found the poo to be very detangling. It surprised me because the poo does have a sulfate in it. I suggest you contact the company and they will send you out samples. Also, check their site for local distributors because they also should have samples.

ETA: The leave-in made me hair look and feel coated and my curls dried with noticeable frizz.

HTH

Last edited: