Mizani Butter Rich is the SAME as Roots of Nature Triple Repair Hairdress

simplyhair

I picked up a bottle of the RON Moisturizing lotion from Walgreens last week. My hair airdried very soft with it. So I figured it was a keeper.

Low and behold, I checked the hair care aisle at my local Walmart on Saturday, and the entire line was on clearance for $3.50 each. So, I scooped up all of the lotions and a jar of the RON Triple Repair Hairdress.

When I tried the RON Hairdress, I immediately noticed the texture was very similar (if not identical) to Mizani's Butter Rich.

Well, I'm debating about going back to get more of the jars. In the meantime, I was curious to see if the ingredients were similar in any way. With a little research, this is what I found:

Mizani Butter Rich Deep Nourishing Hair Dress

aqua/water,caprylic/capric triglyceride [fractionated coconut oil, I didn't know what this was], cocos nucifera oil/coconut oil,stearyl alcohol, glycerin,dimethicone, butylene, glycol, C12-15, alkyl benzoate, stearic acid, palmitic acid, fragrance, steareth 100, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, c13-14, isoparafin, steareth-2, sorbic acid, ethylparaben, theobroma, cacao butter, coco seed butter, butyrospermum parkii butter, shea butter, laureth 7, mannan, xanthan gum, methylisothiazolinone, yellow 5, yellow 6, red 4, red 33, blue 1.

Roots of Nature Triple Repair Hairdress

Aqua/Water , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cocos Nucifera Oil/Coconut Oil , Stearyl Alcohol , Glycerin , Dimethicone , Butylene Glycol , C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate , Stearic Acid , Palmitic Acid , Steareth-100 , Fragrance , Polyacrylamide , Methylparaben , Panthenol , C13-14 Isoparaffin , Steareth-2 , Sorbic Acid , Ethylparaben , Hexyl Cinnamal , Persea Gratissima Oil/Avocado Oil , Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter , Laureth-7 , Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil , Mannan , Xanthan Gum , Geraniol , Benzyl Benzoate , Limonene , Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract , Citral , Methylisothiazolinone , Linalool , Benzyl Alcohol , CI 19140/Yellow 5 , CI 14700/Red 4 , CI 17200/Red 33 , CI 42090/Blue 1 , Green Tea

Now, I know these products are not the hot thing going on the forums and I'm not trying to make them out to be. I just thought it was a pretty good "Ahhh ha" moment that why in the world would both of these products have the same ingredients upfront like this.

Am I clueless or what...I did not know that L'Oreal owns Soft Sheen Carson along with Mizani.

So, how in the world can Mizani charge $20 for their Butter Rich and Coconut Souffles and only $6.50 to $7.00 for the Roots of Nature line. Well, duh on my part, cuz it's Mizani. IMO, the $7.00 is still kind of high for a drugstore brand moisturizer. That's why I grabbed it for the $3.50 to at least try it.

Last edited:

Urban

hmmm, very interesting. It's pretty much the same product eh? It's just different packaging and a different story being sold :scratchch

simplyhair

I went back and got the last four jars...so weak! :nono: :nono:

Someone had already been thru the shelf and scooped a few jars of the Triple Repair and the DC.

simplyhair

cool find. i stared to buy the mizani this past weekend but decided against it.

@ bolded...so glad you did. Definitely not worth the money they are asking for. I'm still trying to make sure it's worth the $3.50 I paid (I won't total the full dollar amount I paid :nono::nono:).

Thank goodness Walmart has 90 days to return stuff. :grin: