Mohawk Rollerset at Night

lonei

Hi ladies

I was thinking of doing the Mohawk rollerset at night which I use to do alot in the past. It consists of placing about 4 large rollers down the middle of your hair so you can add your scarf n sleep comfortably on the sides. What if you don't want the front to be pulled back, is there another way to position the rollers so that you could for example have a side part with the hair falling to the side rather than back?

You could reposition the rollers. I like a wide side part, so I would still separate my hair as if I'm doing the mohawk method and just roll the top portion sideways instead of to the back. I would use two medium-sized rollers instead of one large one and do this all the way back or just for the front.

HTH.

Are you referring to dry or wet hair?

If dry hair that has already been roller set to maintain or add curls...I'd suggest using the satin covered sponge rollers in the size of your liking. You could use the Jumbo in the mohawk and add the smaller size to the sides of the hair. You can roll just ends of the side sections. This way the hair can remain flat (comfy for sleeping) and the roots but have still have a curl.

HTH

Even if you roll your hair going back, you should still be able to part it in the morning down the middle if you like.

You could reposition the rollers. I like a wide side part, so I would still separate my hair as if I'm doing the mohawk method and just roll the top portion sideways instead of to the back. I would use two medium-sized rollers instead of one large one and do this all the way back or just for the front.

HTH.

Thanks hun, but aren't the ones at the side hard to sleep with?

Are you referring to dry or wet hair?

If dry hair that has already been roller set to maintain or add curls...I'd suggest using the satin covered sponge rollers in the size of your liking. You could use the Jumbo in the mohawk and add the smaller size to the sides of the hair. You can roll just ends of the side sections. This way the hair can remain flat (comfy for sleeping) and the roots but have still have a curl.

HTH

I should have said sorry, dry hair that has already been rollerset but I'm thinking of using this method to maintain straight hair with a slight bend to it as an alternative to wrapping. I have used the satin ones before and they leave dents in my hair. Thanks anyway x

Even if you roll your hair going back, you should still be able to part it in the morning down the middle if you like.

I try my best to do a no combing method and manipulate it as little as poss, guess I should have mentioned that too! Lol. Thanks n God bless

Thanks hun, but aren't the ones at the side hard to sleep with?

You're welcome. But the rollers would still be at the top of your head but you would roll going towards your ear instead of rolling towards the back. This picture shows it better than I can explain. :lachen:

4075964727_9cafac2777.jpg

This way you get your side-part with a modified mohawk rollerset.

Ok..yes the satin rollers can leave that mark. However, I find that I can avoid that bend using the following techniques: The 1st is just wrapping the ends of my hair around the roller and not rolling it up to my scalp. This gives me a loose curl with no bend mark. The 2nd is when I put my hair up in a high pony (loose) at night and just roll up the ends to base of the pony.

You can also try large bantu knots for a nice wave.

I use the method in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0ezIck-nd8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

When I want more curl I add more knots.

I hope this info is useful for you.

HHG

Last edited:
You're welcome. But the rollers would still be at the top of your head but you would roll going towards your ear instead of rolling towards the back. This picture shows it better than I can explain. :lachen:

4075964727_9cafac2777.jpg

This way you get your side-part with a modified mohawk rollerset.

Wow, thanks for the pics. Will give it a go!

Ok..yes the satin rollers can leave that mark. However, I find that I can avoid that bend using the following techniques: The 1st is just wrapping the ends of my hair around the roller and not rolling it up to my scalp. This gives me a loose curl with no bend mark. The 2nd is when I put my hair up in a high pony (loose) at night and just roll up the ends to base of the pony.

You can also try large bantu knots for a nice wave.

I use the method in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0ezIck-nd8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

When I want more curl I add more knots.

I hope this info is useful for you.

HHG

What an amazing link! Will try this x

You could do a mohawk with large flexirods, which I was what i've done before. just position them going down the center. and flexirods are fairly comfy.

if you ever want to use satin rollers and avoid the dent, what I do is remove the clip that it comes with and I use roller pins (they look like bobby pins that are really long and go all the way to the end of the roller). I secure the bobby pin at the base of the roller after I roll it.

I have found that satin rollers don't necessarily create a bump for me but more of a tighter curl. I usually wrap my hair in the morning to loosen the curl.

Back