Moisturize and Seal Question

lina

I find that when I use a water based moisturizer my hair reverts (I'm texlaxed). For those of you who use a water based moisturizer, does sealing with an oil prevent your hair from reverting?

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Are you saying that is happens after you have flat ironed your hair?

If so, then after a flat iron I usually do not use water based moisturizers. I stick to using a small amount of serum or light oil until my wash day.

lamaria211

I use water based moisturizers all the time I just go for the thicker ones like Bee mine balancing, or elasta qp mango butter. If your fav moisturizer is runny try moisturizing at night right before wrapping your hair

IMFOCSD

I am texlaxed as well so when i want to wear my hair straight for a while I don't use water based moisturizers because my hair will wave up.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I'm natural and I don't usually use a water based moisturizer when straight. I just stick to using an oil that will penetrate the hair strand (usually coconut or evoo) and that's enough for me. I do have a couple moisturizers I use sometimes that won't revert my hair if used lightly.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I find that when I use a water based moisturizer my hair reverts (I'm texlaxed). For those of you who use a water based moisturizer, does sealing with an oil prevent your hair from reverting?

When my hair is fresh relaxed or flat ironed, I only use oil based moisturizers...or just oil. Most of the time I don't care if it's bone straight or not, so I'll use my Water based moisturizers.

lina

Thanks for all the responses!! I just tried an water based moisturizer and my hair hated it. So I guess I don't have to worry about using those type of moisturizers.

Barbara

Princess
I use a water based moisturizer the night before I go to the salon, because it reverts my hair. I'm referring to the Bonner Bros Castor Aloe hair lotion. My hair is pressed, so I don't use the moisturizer after I leave the salon. However, my stylist will use a water based moisturizer before he presses my hair.