Moisturizers that are protein free

UniquelyDivine

Hi Ladies,

Can anyone give me suggestions on leave in moisturizers or conditioners that do not have protein in them? I am suffering from protein overload and I am trying to find some really nice products to baby my hair that are protein free.

Thanks! :grin:

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I use Curls Coconut Dream Conditioner it is very light. It was designed for children but is has the same ingredients as the adult version. It costs less and you get more using the one I listed.

I also use Jessicurl Aloeba and Too Shea(I dont seal when I use this because it has oils that weigh my hair down)

and last but not least Qhemet Biologics: Amla and Olive (I use this more during my last month of stretching because it is heavier) and Burdock root creme (I use this when I wear my hair when my relaxer is still fresh and new, it is very light and gives off a fresh scent that I looooooveeee:grin:)

These are the only ones I use.

leigh.hill

I just bought Giovanni Direct leave-in.

Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Water), Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil*, Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Oil, Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil*, Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis Flower) Oil*, Clary (Salvia Sclarea)*, Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia)*, Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Fargara)*, Yarrow (Achillea Millefolium) Oil*, Mallow (Malya Sylvestris)*, Horsetail (Equisetum Arvense) Oil*, Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja)*, Cetyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (Corn), Sodium Hydroxymethlyglucinate, Grapefruit Seed (Citrus Derived).
*Certified Organic

I also bought the Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner. Someone said it contained protein, then someone else said it was a vegetable protein so it was okay. You can decide the "protein" is waayyy at the bottom of the ingredients list.

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
I use and love Qhemet Burdock Root Butter Cream.

Ingredients:
Distilled water, olive oil, burdock root extract, nettle and oatstraw, MSM Sulfur, veg. glycerin, wheat extract, cetearyl, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, stearalkonium chloride, vitamin E, lactic acid, maltodextrin, phenoxyethanol and ethylhexylglycerin, essential oil blend.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
Kinky Curly Knot Today
Sheamoisture Leave in (not the target brand) is protein free.

I use Worlds of Curls curl activator gel and Fruit of the earth brand aloe vera gel. I love my curl activators!

If you don't mind buying online you can try Hairveda Dry Hair Solutions.

lovelexi

Kinky Curly Knot Today
Sheamoisture Leave in (not the target brand) is protein free.

I use Worlds of Curls curl activator gel and Fruit of the earth brand aloe vera gel. I love my curl activators!

If you don't mind buying online you can try Hairveda Dry Hair Solutions.
Waaaaiiit...the target brand is different? :ohwell:

LuvlyRain3

Question. Are you trying to avoid all proteins?? because all proteins are not the same and don't do the same things.
Like wheat protein helps the hair take in and maintain moisture. So this would be something that I would want in my hair right now if I were you since you are trying to get your protein/moisture balance back in check.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Long Hair Care Forum App