Moisturizing and Washing?

Inches411

okay so heres my question

my hair is relaxed and i try to keep my hair moisturize which helps prevent breakage. However sometimes i feel like my hair might get to greasy from the moisturizers if i use them everyday so i just do it when i feel it needs it the most. Maybe every other day.. I wash once a week so i guess that not bad and my moisturizers are not mineral oil or petroleum based . How often you moisturize? And if you moisturize alot how often do you wash it.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I moisturize daily and wash twice a week.

I make sure not to use too much moisturizer and oil because I don't want build up. I part my hair into 4 sections and put a little more than a pea size amount of moisturizer and oil on each section.

bluevalentine

i co-wash and aidry so often that i don't have a need to "moisturize" as often as i used to, the cowashing and adding leavin conditioner and sealing with an oil pretty much keeps me ok until the next wash, which is no more than 2 days after that (i exercise frequently)

PeggyFair

I used to wash my hair once a week, usually on Sunday, then that was not enough because it would get dry and "feel dirty" midweek, then I upped it to twice a week, washing again on Wednesday, and I had no more dryness issues. Now that I have found this board, I am co-washing daily so my hair stays moisturized...In the summer, since I want to sport my curly rollerset do's, I will go back to washing Sundays and Wednesdays. So what I am saying is try to wash twice a week while moisturizing after both washes and you should have no problems

HoneyDew

My leave-in is a moisturizer so it is easy for me not to moisturize often.

I use Qhemet's Olive Cream Detangler as my leave-in. Sometimes I put something on my ends but that is about it.

I think you should check out your leave-in and also up your deep conditioning in order to NOT have to remoisturize often.

Dposh167

i moisturize every nite. But you also have to think about the product ur choosing to moisturize with. The staple product i have is just right! not too heavy, not too light, and it doesn't build up. maybe u could experiment with other moisturizers.

BUT, if ur hair just doesnt need to be moisturized everyday, then leave it be! no rule that says u have to moisturize daily