Moisturizing NEw Growth

krissynick

Hey guys.. im trying to stretch and not perm that often and i have alot of new growth.. mines is really think and coarse... it feels dry all the time even when i put on moisturizer..Currently i am using ors oilive oil and kids organiics detangling moisturizing lotion .... but its seems by the end of the day its drys up agian... its annoying cause i want moisturized hair without the greasy feel..... can any one please help...............

PuffyBrown

I like to use Shea Butter, Unrefined Coconut Oil, and Castor Oil.

I also love Carols Daughter Hair Milk and Hair Balm

Mango butter is good too, I just prefer these.

Dposh167

honey mixed with conditioner prepoo also helps me out. i apply it on my ng and leave it on with heat up to 45mins. then wash as normal

charmtreese

I find that co washing helps with keeping my NG moisturized. Also a cone free natural moisturizer helps.

amwcah

Try this:

~moisturize while your hair is still wet
~moisturize at least 3x per day
~baggy your whole head overnite
~use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner (ie Motions Lavishing Conditioning Shampoo and Conditioner)
~moisturize with a water based moisturizer(ie S Curl)

HTH

PuffyBrown

For my hair type I do every other day for my hair. I rotate with a couple of diffent leave ins. I use the carols daughter and MOP as soon as I get out of the shower. Then use either MOP, Lacio Lacio, or Sedal Lissage (which is an excellent straightening moisturizer for my type hair), I have used Salerm21 as well but I am out of it and am using up all these, but I will probally restock because my hair is loving the rotations and all of them except for the Carols Daughter and MOP (so I dont need that much). I wrap my hair to get it flat if I use a warm dryer but if I air dry I add a smoother(joico) and let air dry in a flat pony with the ends pinned flat.

ps YOU DO NOT NEED ALL OF THE PRODUCTS I MENTIONED.

I am single(divorced), no kids, a decent job and no outstanding debt, and a PJ.:perplexed:ohwell::grin: I just went to some really good sales, and got some free products with my purchase. I find if you pick one quality product you cant go wrong. I learned a long time ago...you get what you pay for, with the acception of natural products like the shea butter that you can get cheap as well as the mango butter, coconut oil and castor oil. I would start there and then find out what products your hair likes with it. Those are the most moisturizing products for our hair, and its cheap.

how often do u moisturize?

Last edited: