Moisturizing Non-drying Butter For Bantu Knots/twist Outs

DST1913

I'm transitioning and have been doing so with braiding as a protective style, but have really fallen in love with the way my hair looks in bantu knot outs. I knot on damp hair with a mixture of coconut oil and JBCO then put in Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. My hair comes out great with well defined coils that last but my only issue is it looks so dry! I even take them out with a little bit of coconut oil on my fingers. I don't think I'm really liking the curl enhancing smoothie (I also use the shea moisture leave in and not impressed either. I just may not be a shea moisture fan but that's another story). I don't find the smoothie to be moisturizing. I have type 4 hair tight coils. I want a really good butter to use on my knots/twists outs that is:

a. Very Moisturizing where hair does not look dry and dull and moisture can last
b. has good ingredients
c. Does not weigh hair down
d. Perhaps has some sort of shine
e. holds/defines coils

Some of the things I'm looking into trying are: Camille Rose Twisting butter or moisture butter, One of the Curls Blueberry products (not sure which one) and Oyin (again not sure which one but on another note thinking of using the honey dew instead of the shea moisture leave in)

OK I used that long rant to ask if anyone can give me a recommendation? Thanks in advance!

I second the Camille Rose products. Love the almond jai twisting butter, the aloe whipped gel, and the coconut water style setter. Oyin worked the first 2 times and then left my hair looking and feeling dry. The only SM product that I find moisturizing is the SM JBCO leave-in conditioner. I use it multiple times a week to moisturize my braid and twist outs.

I second the Camille Rose products. Love the almond jai twisting butter, the aloe whipped gel, and the coconut water style setter. Oyin worked the first 2 times and then left my hair looking and feeling dry. The only SM product that I find moisturizing is the SM JBCO leave-in conditioner. I use it multiple times a week to moisturize my braid and twist outs.

Thank you both. Is the Camille Rose almond jai twisting butter very moisturizing? What do you use the whipped gel and coconut water for?

I use them interchangeably as my styler. I've gotten good braid and twist outs with all of them. I use a leave-in or moisturizer under each of these stylers. CR Moisture Milk is a great moisturizer. These are butters so I like to use them to seal in the moisture.

Back