Bantu Knots & Braid Outs

What do you use to set your bantu knots and braid outs? I'm looking for some sort of spray moisturizer or something that'll help set my hair, but also moisturize it. TIA!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
my best bantu set was with a mix of kids organics shea butter detanger and liquid curl activator

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Do you ladies mind telling me how to do bantu knots? Are they twisted first then wrapped around in a knot?:ohwell:

KinksnCurlz

Do you ladies mind telling me how to do bantu knots? Are they twisted first then wrapped around in a knot?:ohwell:

I have a short tutorial in my album.

I usually use a TINY amount of dark 'n lovely honey glaze (per knot/braid). On the ends, I put a tiny amount of coconut oil on it. Works like a charm.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
When you start to twist it forms a knot on its own...well in my case. Some ppl may do theirs different.

Divine Inspiration

I like to use a little shea butter on mine for hold, moisture, and shine. If I use a spray, it's usually a mix of water, leave-in, and coconut oil.

TrendySocialite

I did a braid out last week...stayed up til 1:30 AM doing it....it came out so HORRIBLE I couldn't even bring myself to take pics, let alone post them. :wallbash:

Someone said that braidouts look best on shoulder length on longer, well I know that is the case with me....LOL

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I've gotten great results from Sunsilk De-Frizz but now I just use Vaseline Intensive Care lotion and some oil. They come out really good.

PinkAngel

I use Wave Nouveau Moisturizing lotion + a serum, leaves my hair soft and moisturized. But if you absolutely want a spray, try Dove or Paul Mitchell's Awapuhi moisturizing spray.

Qt girl

I did a braid out last week...stayed up til 1:30 AM doing it....it came out so HORRIBLE I couldn't even bring myself to take pics, let alone post them. :wallbash:

Someone said that braidouts look best on shoulder length on longer, well I know that is the case with me....LOL

Just curious, did you do individual braids or cornrows. I get 300 times better results with cornrows, that might give you better results.

wheezy807

I use scurl for my braidouts. When i did do bantu knots i used my ors olive oil in a jar as a moisturizer first.